Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Atypical Lung Infection (Read 1480 times)
Jennifer R.
Tutor

I am not a mushroom!
McAlester, OK
Atypical Lung Infection
02/18/13 at 18:35:27

I am not getting evaluted for MCAS untill April. (I have reactions to everything under the sun including having someone touch me too hard and zantac and zyrtec have really helped along with nasacrom and chromium (s?) eye drops) In the meantime I have come down with yet another infection. The walk in clinic PA felt, based on symptoms and X-ray, that it is Haemophilus influenzae. An opertunistic bacteria that is in everyone but only causes problems when your immune system is compromised. Something usually only HIV/Aids/cancer patients get. I seem to get these lung infections every year shortly after I come down with a cold and then have to go on lots of steroids and antibiotics to get rid of it. I've gotten other viruses and infections a healthy adult should not get and it is clear my immune system is compromised.

The question is, Is this somthing that those with Mast Cell disorders commonly have? And if so does treatment of the Disorder make things better?  I really feel like as  I get older its going to be one of these stupid infections that is going to kill me.  Any insight is appreciated.  Huh

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Atypical Lung Infection
Reply #1 - 02/22/13 at 10:44:23

Hi Jennifer,

I'm sorry you are going through this!  It sounds awful!!  I really don' t have any kind of answer for you, however.   You would really need to speak with a masto authority to get some insight but since this pertains to your own case, they won't answer that kind of question unless you put it in a very generic form so that it wasn't concerning your own case.   This is because they aren't allowed to give medical advice if the patient is not their own.   Your doctor should be asking this question for you, however, for it's worth asking an authority in order to know how to perhaps improve your immune system.

Sorry!  I wish I could help more!

Lisa

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print