Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
PERSONAL NEWS UPDATE FOR DEBBIE (Read 9831 times)
Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
PERSONAL NEWS UPDATE FOR DEBBIE
01/15/13 at 18:02:17

Some of you may already know, but for those who dont, Debbies Father passed last evening. Some of you have PM'ed me to ask where and how to show their love and sympathy for Debbie. She granted permission to use this as our condolence card to her and express our wishes for her here.

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Re: PERSONAL NEWS UPDATE FOR DEBBIE
Reply #1 - 01/15/13 at 18:24:12

Debbie, I send you wishes of love and sympathy for your dear Father. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs
Ramona

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #2 - 01/15/13 at 22:20:34

How horrendous Debbie. I am so sorry. Can't imagine how awful it must be. We are all thinking of you.

Ana

IP Logged

MarciaB
Guiding Light

Life is Good on MC meds!

Reply #3 - 01/15/13 at 23:51:42

Hugs. I'm so sorry to hear this. Losing a parent is usually inevidible but so very painful. Hope you manage the greiving process without getting a flare. Tc .. Marcia

CFS,FM,Celiac,Ataxia,Dysautonomia,Paget's,Seizures,PelvicPain,Hyperinsulinemia ...Responding to Wahls diet, supps and MC meds.. kow ...    

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 01/16/13 at 02:29:39

Ms. Deb

thoughts and prayers coming your way...

redbird

IP Logged

MGC
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 01/16/13 at 06:18:45

Deborah, I was really sorry to hear this. Both my parents are gone, and so I have some idea of what you are experiencing. Take care of yourself too! Good thoughts and prayers to you and your family!

IP Logged

angelloz
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - 01/16/13 at 07:03:10

I know this is a very sad time for you. Please rely on the comfort of family and friends ( far and near). Angelloz

IP Logged

ruth
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - 01/16/13 at 18:26:23

So sorry to hear this sad news Deborah, love and prayers for you and your family as you grieve and process this sudden loss.

Ruth

IP Logged

BlueSkies
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - 01/17/13 at 14:35:55

Dear Deborah,

I know kind words can't stop the pain, but I want you to know my heart goes out to you and your family, and to your children who lost their grandfather.  

Please know that we are thinking about you, and are concerned for your well-fare.  
BlueSkies

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #9 - 01/17/13 at 15:04:02

Thank you so much for the beautiful messages. What a sweet thing to do, and it is people like you that make this forum so much more than just a forum.

My father passed away on Monday at the age of 91. He went into the hospital for one thing which was quickly corrected but ultimately died from pneumonia which he developed there. We had the funeral today, and it was beautiful with military honors at the cemetery with soldiers from the army playing Taps and folding the American Flag and presenting it to my mother "on behalf of the President of the United States...." That was really moving and just plain cool. My father had fought in the army in WWII and received a Bronze Star Medal, which is the second highest military award for "Heroic or Meritorous Achievement" and is rarely awarded.

We had so many family and friends come over to my house to pay respects to my family following the funeral and through the evening that it was overwhelming (in a good way). I can't even imagine how many people came over and it really helped my family stay cheery as we celebrated his life.

It means so much to me to know that my own little (actually now BIG) forum has gathered as well to wish me well. Many thanks and blessings to you all.  

Deborah

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Doozlygirl
Mentor

Wisconsin
Reply #10 - 01/17/13 at 18:57:25

Deborah,
May you and your family find peace and comfort at this difficult time.  
Lyn

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #11 - 01/19/13 at 03:38:48

Deb, first of all I want to apologize for not being able to write earlier, I'm having challenges with my internet connection.

I can't tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your father.  We're never ready, nor do we ever have enough time to lose those whom we love.  I wish there were a quick fix to the loss you feel.  It sounds as though your father was a special man and he obviously loved you dearly and that you had a close relationship.  So many people aren't as honored as to have such good relationships with their parents and you've been very blessed to have had just such a relationship with your father.  Cherish those memories and keep them close to heart, they will serve you well as the years go by.  We can't hold on to our loved ones, but their memories are what keep them with us.

I'm praying for you and your family, that your hearts will be comforted in each others love and company.

All my love!

Lisa

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

goldielove
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #12 - 01/19/13 at 14:27:43

wELL i HAVE not been on much but wanted to say I am truly sorry for your loss we just lost my husband's father who had alzhimers a horrible disease it robbed him of his life but in the end as hospice stepped in he was allowed to die with dignity without suffering I am truly sorry for your loss

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #13 - 01/20/13 at 20:36:38

I like to think that the Loved One we lost, has gone Home and is celebrating with a wonderful party and with their loved ones and friends that passed before them. One day we might celebrate with them Smiley

There is an old Tibetan saying that I always loved, it goes something like this;

On the day you are born, you cry and the world celebrates.
On the day you die, you celebrate and the world cries.

Love you
Ramona

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #14 - 01/21/13 at 15:10:35

That is a beautiful saying, Ramona, and each of you have written such lovely messages. Thank you.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print