Send Topic Print
CHOCOLATE (Read 8042 times)
Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

CHOCOLATE
12/21/12 at 09:10:45

After a year and half without it as a precaution, I have eaten chocolate (organic and nut free) without reactions. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

More details here if you are bored:

http://mastcellactivation.blogspot.ca/2012/12/i-ate-chocolate.html

Smiley Wink Smiley Wink

So sorry to all of those who react to it.

IP Logged

Britt
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: CHOCOLATE
Reply #1 - 12/21/12 at 10:18:37

Yeah!!!!!!! Cheesy CheesyI tried my luck with tomato sauce the other night (pizza) and I'm still paying for it!!! Maybe next year!!!

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #2 - 12/21/12 at 18:07:07

Oh no so sorry!!

I've tolerated chocolate and cheese so far but waited this long to make sure I was stable.

Have tried tomatoes yet. Was your sauce made from fresh tomatoes?

I'm still doing everything fresh from scratch and organic to make sure I know what's causing what. Don't miss tomatoes Too much so will likely wait awhile before trying

Good luck!

IP Logged

Doozlygirl
Mentor

Wisconsin
Reply #3 - 12/21/12 at 22:40:43

Ana,
I am glad you are doing so well.  You really deserve a break,  I hope your progress continues at this rate.  
Congratulations, you've worked hard for the sweet taste of chocolate!  
Lyn

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #4 - 12/21/12 at 23:28:45

Thank Lyn. I really hope things are going ok for you. Send me an update sometime when you get free time Smiley) Smiley

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Reply #5 - 12/23/12 at 05:48:31

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
We all celebrate over CHOCOLATE!!  YUM!! Grin

Pam

IP Logged

lynda51
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
WI
Reply #6 - 01/07/13 at 17:30:02

YOU are such an inspiration Ana!!    There REALLY is hope!!Cheesy Cheesy

Sooooo happy you are doing so well!  Patience, persistence and lots of research.....congrats!!

Hugs, Lynda

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #7 - 01/07/13 at 22:14:59

Thanks so much Lynda!! It's been such a long road but when little improvements begin, then bigger ones it's like everyday is Disneyland!! (Still praying I get to travel there one day when I'm better). I hope you are doing ok.

Just as a follow up, I've been able to drink hot chocolate made from organic milk and organic nut free cocoa. Also the "enjoy life" brand chocolate chunks...with which I made chocolate chip cookies that blew my mind!!

but I tried camino organic chocolate chips and I don't know if it was the brand switch, or......how much I over did it Embarrassed that gave me a POTS type reaction flare with tachycardia and flushing. But I am back to enjoying it in moderation with no issues.

(Yes, I've tried three kinds of chocolate in lieu of another new food. Wouldn't recommend it, but I told myself I would try if I survived surgery, so I'm spoiling myself a bit after a year and half with very few foods)

There are so many restrictions that every now and then I crack and do something silly, but I always regret it and am hopefully getting stronger with time.  Cheesy

I am so thankful for this progress, but also so sorry to those who have been battling longer than me and are still not seeing improvements. Don't give up!!

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #8 - 01/08/13 at 15:18:09

Ana,

Are you able to tolerate more variety of foods, in addition to chocolate,  since your surgery?

Joan

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #9 - 01/08/13 at 22:51:13

Oh yes Joan! The progress has been neck breaking compared to where I was...Still adding one back at a time. So thankful! All my foods are at the link below

http://mastcellactivation.blogspot.ca/p/what-im-eating.html

Thanks for asking! I hope you are well.  Cool

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #10 - 01/09/13 at 19:08:48

The US FDA puts out bulletins about food recalls.  The majority of the 2-4 per week are about substances being in processed foods that shouldn't be.  Sometimes there is milk contamination in wheat flour or something similar.  Often it's tree nuts in products that don't list the possibility of cross-contamination in a factory.  Sometimes it's bacterial, but not as often as contamination or unlisted ingredients!

If you go to the FDA website, you can sign up for their notices by email.  It's eye-opening, and horrifying!

Joan

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #11 - 01/10/13 at 08:21:38

ewwww

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print