Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How do you log your triggers & symptoms? (Read 4790 times)
BlueSkies
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

How do you log your triggers & symptoms?
12/17/12 at 09:20:49

Hi all,

I have tried to journal / log to learn my triggers & symptoms, but I have yet to succeed.

Problems I run into...Log gets too complicated - too many triggers & symptoms to keep track of consistently.   I get bogged down.

On bad days (most days) I can't think clearly enough to judge my situation, plus I don't have much energy to log.

I try using 0-10 to rate symptoms - but that runs into problems.   If today is better than yesterday I will rate it up.   But, today may be better than yesterday, but still way worse than 1 month ago, and it's hard to objectively compare over the months how I am doing.

So - how do some of you do this?  
How do you track foods, triggers, symptoms, and do it long enough to help?  

Thanks so much!
BlueSkies  

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Re: How do you log your triggers & symptoms?
Reply #1 - 12/17/12 at 15:03:16

When I first got ill and no one could figure out what was wrong with me, I kept a medical journal to try to figure out the problem. I dated each day, and recorded the following info:

1. Date
2. Weight (I was dropping weight by the day, and trying to keep the weight on., do it was importanty to know.)
3. Everything I ate and quantity AND how I felt afterwards
4. How I felt thoughout the day.

I will note that it was easy to record what I ate because I would record it right after I ate it, thereby preventing any forgetfullness. I also ate only twice a day and always had the same food items, because I was so sensitive to food at the time. Still, recording those things put my doctor in seventh heaven!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

BlueSkies
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: How do you log your triggers & symptoms?
Reply #2 - 12/18/12 at 10:29:30

Thank you, Deborah, this is very helpful.   I like your idea - I'm going to try it.    

This gives me an idea - I may try keeping one log in the kitchen just for food & observations about food reactions, and then another log somewhere else about other types of triggers and reactions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print