Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
View the 10 most recent posts ? (Read 7018 times)
MarciaB
Guiding Light

Life is Good on MC meds!

View the 10 most recent posts ?
11/28/12 at 03:29:06

Hi,

Is it possible to set this number higher ? I can't find an option to change this in my profile.

I'm a newbie and would like to use this as a way of keeping up with any new info.

Tx .. Marcia

CFS,FM,Celiac,Ataxia,Dysautonomia,Paget's,Seizures,PelvicPain,Hyperinsulinemia ...Responding to Wahls diet, supps and MC meds.. kow ...    

IP Logged

iamnotalone
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: View the 10 most recent posts ?
Reply #1 - 11/28/12 at 04:51:54

Hi Marcia!
If you click on your username after you login, it will show you a message that says view the last 5 posts; the number 5 is in a box. Click on the box & it will give you the optoin to choose up to the last 25 posts.
I lost my info. & "stars" cuz I was "glitched out've the forum for a while, but I go back through the topics til I see my name, or you can look in the "search" box if there's something you need to look back at, also.
Did that make sense ? I'm a little "brain-foggy" today Roll Eyes
lori

IP Logged

MarciaB
Guiding Light

Life is Good on MC meds!

Reply #2 - 11/28/12 at 06:07:50

Thanks iam. I didn't know we had that option. Cool. But it's not what I was looking for tho.

It's an option on the bottom of the forum home page that anyone can click on to see the last 10 posts.  I'm finding that there's more than 10 each time I come here. And as a newbie, I don't want to miss anything.

Tx .. Marcia

CFS,FM,Celiac,Ataxia,Dysautonomia,Paget's,Seizures,PelvicPain,Hyperinsulinemia ...Responding to Wahls diet, supps and MC meds.. kow ...    

IP Logged

iamnotalone
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 11/29/12 at 09:09:16

Marcia;
Well here I've been, for over a year & never noticed that !!! Embarrassed
Thanks  Smiley ! There is sooo much info. on here, it can get overwhelming at times, especially when it's a brain- fog kinda day (at least that's what I like to blame it on Wink Wink).
take care,
lori

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #4 - 11/30/12 at 02:00:50

Sadly, that is the highest that I can set it. The forum doesn't offer more than that. You can just look at all the red "new" notifications which are listed by each post to see what you haven't read. That is what I do.
« Last Edit: 12/01/12 at 15:04:14 by DeborahW, Founder »  

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

MarciaB
Guiding Light

Life is Good on MC meds!

Reply #5 - 12/01/12 at 02:31:22

Thanks Deb. That's what I've been doing too but thought I may as well ask about upping the number of "recent posts" anyways.

Tc .. Marcia

IP Logged

bongaan
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
South Africa
Reply #6 - 12/04/12 at 00:32:09

I'm a bit confused with your answer Deborah. Maybe I'm missing something, but you can easily change the number of post by just changing the link. Note the number next to the word display in the link that I pasted below, that determines the number of posts that's going to display. So Deborah all you need to do is change that number in the link or Marcia click on the link and change that number manually in your address bar to whatever you want it.  Cool

http://mastcelldisorders.wallack.us/yabb/YaBB.pl?action=recent;display=10

IP Logged

BlueSkies
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - 12/04/12 at 02:19:42

Thank you, bongaan!  It works!!   I'm going to start watching the URL's closer!  

BlueSkies

IP Logged

MarciaB
Guiding Light

Life is Good on MC meds!

Reply #8 - 12/04/12 at 04:11:27

bongaan wrote on 12/04/12 at 00:32:09:
I'm a bit confused with your answer Deborah. Maybe I'm missing something, but you can easily change the number of post by just changing the link. Note the number next to the word display in the link that I pasted below, that determines the number of posts that's going to display. So Deborah all you need to do is change that number in the link or Marcia click on the link and change that number manually in your address bar to whatever you want it.  Cool

http://mastcelldisorders.wallack.us/yabb/YaBB.pl?action=recent;display=10  

Thanks. That worked .. Marcia

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #9 - 12/04/12 at 04:14:13

Thanks for the tip!

Okay, folks, so what bongonn means is this:

If you open th elink at the bottom of the forum labeled "view 10 most recent posts", you will get a page with 10 posts. Go all the way up to your web browser's address bar (not part of the forum), and look at the address. The last thing in the address is the number 10. Change it to whatever number you want, and the forum will display that number of posts.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print