Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Drugs, leaky gut protocal, integrative med and now this ? (Read 3289 times)
MarciaB
Guiding Light

Life is Good on MC meds!

Drugs, leaky gut protocal, integrative med and now this ?
11/18/12 at 13:42:34

I'm not exactly sure how to ask this so I'll just start with what I know. Or thought I knew.

After  15 1/2 years of being miserable and on drugs for cfs, my general practitioner told me about food intolerances causing all kinds of symptoms.

I immediately responded well to the basic elimination diet, esp gluten. I was an undiagnosed celiac tho.  

After doing some research on the web, I  learned about the DAN protocal for autism which blames autism on leaky gut. And recommends the gfcf diet + other intolerances like dyes, hfcs, etc + low oxalate diet + pathogen treatments + detox.  

And I learned that some were saying cfs may be adult onset autism.

I started seeing an integrative / functional doctor a few years later who's run many tests (stool, saliva, etc) for me. We've discovered and treated for somethings but not all. Things like parasites, low digestive enzymes, hyperinsulinemia, low dhea, mercury, adrenal fatigue, etc etc etc.

So according to my reading on the web, I assumed that I was going in the right direction until all the mast cell info caught my attention. And then I actually responded great to taking
Wal-zyr .. Yay ! Most of my pain is under control now. I can eat some of my trigger foods even.

So, does anyone know where all this is going ? How did the leaky gut protocal (DAN) gain such ground when taking the mc meds should've been part of treating food and chemical intolerances to begin with ? Does DAN know about mast cells and I just missed this ?

I'm seeing mast cell info from several years ago. Why doesn't my integrative doctor know this ? And what am I going to have to learn next ?

Who in the medical profession is staying up to date ? From reading the dx criteria and CDC treatments on Pheonix Rising  I'm up on how patients will be dx with cfs and will be treated and it's still pt and drugs. Wth ? Where's the progress ?

Tx .. Marcia

CFS,FM,Celiac,Ataxia,Dysautonomia,Paget's,Seizures,PelvicPain,Hyperinsulinemia ...Responding to Wahls diet, supps and MC meds.. kow ...    

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print