Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Scared an can barely walk! (Read 5464 times)
Gumby
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Scared an can barely walk!
10/30/12 at 12:48:31

I have an appointment with Dr. Afrin Nov. 26 but must have eaten a trigge food or something. I have Ehlers-Danlos hypermobile type and I have had excruciating foot lower leg and knee pain since Sat night. I have been a little loosey goosey with my diet since I can't figure out my triggers and ate almond shrimp. Now I am bloated gassy but mostly in worst pain ever!!! I got congested and coughing as I was eating it so took Benadryl but I think the weather is make me worse too. Is that possible? I hate to sound dramatic but it is at times like these that I start counting my pain pills and thinking it is really not worth suffering like this. I am not able to contribut anything to my family or society when I feel like this please tell me it will get better.

IP Logged

iamnotalone
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Scared an can barely walk!
Reply #1 - 11/01/12 at 05:16:48

Gumby;
Hope you are feeling better & NO you are Not being "dramatic" !!!
Shrimp/nuts/weather: any or all of these could've triggered you & caused you to flare. Just the Masto by itself can make us feel like the rusty Tin Man most days  Sad.
We (all of us here) have felt discouraged and useless at times, and it's awful, yes, but it will get better ! Hang in there, it's already Nov. 1st !
Lori

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #2 - 11/01/12 at 11:02:10

This is SO hard! You ARE contributing even by posting and sharing your struggles. You are so valuable and important and worthy of living without such discomfort.

Your appointment will help. When you have the strength to get really strict with your diet and try to sort out dietary and environmental triggers, stay hydrated, get lots of rest and find ways to minimize stress, life will improve.

I also have hypermobile joints, MCAS, anaphylaxis to scents/chemicals and POTS.

I went from not being able to stand or walk to working out at home and hiking in a year. There is hope! Hang in there. DO NOT give up. We care about you and are rooting for you!

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #3 - 11/01/12 at 16:23:07

Please read this post, and you will find a lot of useful information!

http://mastcelldisorders.wallack.us/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1293583873

You definitely need to learn what the basic no-nos of mast cell disease are so that you don't trigger yourself. Just read and ask lots of questions, which we are all happy to answer!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 11/17/12 at 15:03:17

Hi Gumby,

I will keep you in my prayers.  Coping with illness can be very difficult, frustrating, scarey, and downright depressing at times.

The important thing to remember is that it all goes in cycles.  There are ups and downs with this disease; it is just the nature of the beast.

I want to encourage you not to let the present cycle get you down.  You will not always feel this way.  It will pass.  Just take it all one step at a time.  We are not in the past, nor are we in the future.  We only need deal with the present and the steps we must take that day.  Chin up!

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Reply #5 - 11/26/12 at 04:35:36

How did your appt. go today??

Pam

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print