Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Red flashing lights on the home page ? (Read 4633 times)
MarciaB
Guiding Light

Life is Good on MC meds!

Red flashing lights on the home page ?
10/23/12 at 02:39:59

In case I'm the only one getting these flashing lights, these are inside a tiny box next to each section title. So they're all the way down the page when I'm on the home page.

I hate to be a pain already but I'm prone to seizures and these are really bothering me. Is that a way to stop this ?  Of course going into a section eliminates this but I have to look for the section on the home page first.

Thanks ... Marcia

CFS,FM,Celiac,Ataxia,Dysautonomia,Paget's,Seizures,PelvicPain,Hyperinsulinemia ...Responding to Wahls diet, supps and MC meds.. kow ...    

IP Logged

MarciaB
Guiding Light

Life is Good on MC meds!

Re: Red flashing lights on the home page ?
Reply #1 - 10/23/12 at 03:46:43

Ok, I checked and I only get the flashing lights when I'm logged on. Is this an option on my profile ? I looked but didn't see anything that specifically said it would turn off those lights ... thanks ... Marcia

PS. As you can see I found the duck tho ...   Smiley

CFS,FM,Celiac,Ataxia,Dysautonomia,Paget's,Seizures,PelvicPain,Hyperinsulinemia ...Responding to Wahls diet, supps and MC meds.. kow ...    

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Reply #2 - 10/23/12 at 07:41:46

If you click on each section where the light is flashing it will turn off.  It indicates that something is new.  Since you are new here everything is new to you. So everything is flashing. Once you use the forum regularly you only have one or two flashes when someone adds to a thead.
Pam

Pam

IP Logged

MarciaB
Guiding Light

Life is Good on MC meds!

Reply #3 - 10/23/12 at 08:34:10

Thanks pam,

I tried this on my tablet and it's still flashing. I'll check ot out on my laptop later tho.  Tc .. M

Eta. Oops. It did work I must've just gone back to a previous screen and didn't realize it.  Cool

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #4 - 10/27/12 at 09:46:08

Hi Marcia and welcome to the board!!! OK Here is an idea for you. Go to the main page and scroll down very near the bottom, looking just under where it says "TESTING SPOT". Right under that on the right aside is a button that says, "MARK ALL AS READ". If you click on that, the red flashers go away. You may have to do that again under each topic as you read it but that should take care of it Smiley

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

MarciaB
Guiding Light

Life is Good on MC meds!

Reply #5 - 10/27/12 at 13:26:51

Thanks. That worked.  Cool  . My home page is a little different from your's but in that same area I found the mark all button.

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum too. It's packed with great info. : )

Tc .. Marcia

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print