Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hyper-sensitivities to foods (Read 4989 times)
Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Hyper-sensitivities to foods
10/12/12 at 13:16:38

An article came out recently about the difficulty of being strictly gluten-free.    

[url]http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/food-and-cooking/going-gluten-free-gets-easier/article_0a263f6c-0e32-11e2-9160-0019bb30f31a.html/url]

This isn't a problem for all of MC people, but it shows how even a tiny exposure can cause problems.  For gluten-sensitive people, even licking the glue on an envelope or putting on lipstick can cause a problem because gluten might be in them.

The same is true for some people who are hyper-sensitive to other foods and substances.  It only takes a tiny bit for some people to react.   (There's a recent post by Lynda51 about her experience with tiny amounts causing a reaction.)  If you think you are reacting to something you're ingesting, it might be helpful to think about anything that's even touching your lips or being injected or inhaled.

Joan

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Re: Hyper-sensitivities to foods
Reply #1 - 10/12/12 at 14:44:30

Good advice! I agree with you 100% Joan!! I haven't used makeup in a long time.  I am waiting until I am stable before I throw in more chemicals.

Also It is good to remember to not put any thing on your skin that you wouldn't put in your mouth!! This is hard to do, with lotions and deodorants!

Pam

Pam

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 10/13/12 at 04:52:08

Pennys did carry a line of make up that most masto folks could use..forgot the name but you might check
lotions..I use Johnson baby lotion, body wash and powder..
redbird

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Reply #3 - 10/13/12 at 09:29:50

Redbird,
So do I!  I smell like a baby all the time!  I noticed the the head to toe wash has the same ingedients as the shampoo minus the coloring!  So I use the head to toe wash- from head to toe!  Grin
I haven't used the lotion yet, trying not to add lotion back in yet!
Pam

Pam

IP Logged

Futurehope
Mentor

Clermont, Florida
Reply #4 - 10/17/12 at 14:29:09

Word of caution.  Back before I had a name for all my ailments, I went to a free makeup application for Bobbie Brown cosmetics.  As the cosmetician was applying the make up, I noticed I was getting headachy.  I did not think much of it.

But, then I bought some stuff, took it home and used it, and sure enough, headache.......

I sure do wonder what poisons they make the stuff out of?

I returned it all and got my money back at Nordstrom's, thank goodness.

Ever since then I've become more aware of seemingly innocent stuff causing problems.  Since then, I had noticed a problem with a shampoo and a conditioner that were supposed to be used on thinning her.   Headache.   I took them back.  This is a famous brand and it wasn't cheap either.
« Last Edit: 10/18/12 at 04:54:47 by Futurehope »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print