Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MCAS or TMEP and Remission? (Read 6503 times)
PJP123
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

MCAS or TMEP and Remission?
10/11/12 at 15:00:10

So just when I think you have it figured out, my symptoms change.

Questions:

1)  Does anyone diagnosed with MCAS  or TMEP not have anaphalaxis.

2)  Does anyone with TMEP have a tryptase as low as 6.

3)  Has anyone with MCAS or TMEP gone into remission?  Meaning no symptoms  and no medicine?

I have Oral Allergy Syndrome and autoimmune chronic urticaria.  I now know what to not eat.  I was having terrible internal tremors and thought it might be from H1 and H2 meds so I stopped them.  I've been eating like I did 1 1/2 years ago.  I'm so confused how this could just disappear.

Could it have just been menapause, chronic urticaria, tree nut allergy, grass allergy, birch allergy and the corresponding oral allergy triggers making me so sick?  I was flushing, shortness of breath, fatigue and itchy.  I got the diagnosis this week of Vasovagal Syncope so this accounts for the terrible fatigue.

Was this all just a coincidence of symptoms?  Dr. Castells did agree to look over my files but still have not sent them.  

Just wondering?

IP Logged

Britt
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: MCAS or TMEP and Remission?
Reply #1 - 10/11/12 at 16:38:47

I have many of the same questions! As you know I have AU too. But what is oral allergy syndrome?

IP Logged

Britt
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 10/12/12 at 05:27:11

I looked up oral allergy syndrome. Interesting! I've never heard of that! I ALWAYS get these sores (not bleeding open sores) on the front of my tongue. I can feel it coming on for like a day. My tongue is very sensitive, then it gets kinda numb, then these rings will appear.  Sometimes it is very painful and hard to talk, other times it is just annoying. Wonder of it could be te same thing? What are your symptoms from this? I read that it generally happens to people with hayfever. Do you also have hayfever? I used to have allergies to pollens, weeds etc as a child. But I outgrew them.

IP Logged

PJP123
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 10/12/12 at 10:06:19

I'm glad you looked up oral allergy yourself because I have such brain fog I couldn't explain it.   I was in pre-syncope bad today.  

So my symptoms for this are mouth sores and shortness of breath.  

I never liked fruit.  It must of been my bodies defense mechanism.

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #4 - 12/30/12 at 07:13:37

This Topic was moved here from Symptoms by DeborahW, Founder.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print