Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is fall a problem for any one? (Read 4871 times)
PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Is fall a problem for any one?
10/04/12 at 06:09:14

I can't believe how I have gone down hill in 3 days! My bucket is ready to overflow... I have not done anything different or eaten anything out of the ordinary.  Yesterday when I left to pick my daughter up, (its a 25 min drive one way) I noticed my throat starting to get tight. I have no idea what the triggger was. I had to take benedryl before making it back home. Then had the big d like 3 times.  I don't know what caused it.  Leaving the house today it happened again.  So I whipped out my little blue mask and wore it.
 I have never had seasonal allergies.  
 I do have terrible issues with mold and I read that mold can grow in the fall on fallen leaves.
 So anyone else with mold issues having a terrible time?  I started thinking that last fall was my worst, that is when I had to quit my job and was in bed for a long time.  That was also before may mast cell stablizers.  Wow I don't want to go back to feeling that way.  Seems like my safe foods are causing some issues.
I really don't know what to think or do.  Cry
Pam

Pam

IP Logged

iamnotalone
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Is fall a problem for any one?
Reply #1 - 10/04/12 at 07:07:32

Pam;
YES ! My doc said (when I had the sinus infection 3 weeks ago) that this is the season... I don't open any windows in the car, & no vent.  It's been rainy, leaves are falling, wind is blowing, yuuup
tis the sneezin'  Cry Are you on any of the nasal sprays ? I asked my allergist a while back why I still need Nasonex since I'm on all the other H1s & H2s ? He said it "stops the allergens in your nasal passages" (or something like that), kinda like an internal mask Cheesy
Maybe take a benedryl before you know you have to go out ?
Do NOT plant/put any Mums near your house- they are a member of the ragweed family. I used to put them all around my front door this time of year cuz they're so pretty Roll Eyes
Good Luck Pam, hope you feel better asap  Kiss
lori

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #2 - 10/04/12 at 07:42:41

Anytime that a season changes, you can expect increased sensitivities to triggers! Time to be extra careful!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Reply #3 - 10/04/12 at 10:06:10

Wow,
This just keeps surprising me.  I was complaining because I havent felt great, then wammy.  I told my husband I am sick and tired of this and I am going to get well now, but first I have to take a nap! Cheesy
Also I am not practicing wellness because I am allergic to it! Grin
I have had a headache for several days.  I went off my singulair in the summer, I didn't really feel any different, so the doc said that was ok.  However I am thinking I should go back on it because this has knocked me down!
I think I need all the amo!  I had told him at an appt. on Friday that I was well and I thought should wait until I was unwell to put the singulair back into action.  
Lori, I like mums too!
Thanks for the advice.
Pam

Pam

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print