Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Driving (Read 6301 times)
larken
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Driving
09/05/12 at 10:29:58

Does anyone else have trouble when driving or riding in a car?  I feel like I react when I am in motion in a vehicle for more than an hour or so, especially if there are lots of twists and turns or if I haven't ridden in a car for a while.  I am sure that I am not reacting to something in the car (e.g., new car smell), but the motion itself because I reacted this way in my car that I had had for years.  Very strange! I have a big road trip coming up and I am a bit worried!

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Re: Driving
Reply #1 - 09/05/12 at 11:28:13

I was wondering if this is the problem when I go see my daughter...every time I have a reaction!  I don't know if it the drive 2+ hours or the environment.
Pam

Pam

IP Logged

angelloz
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 09/05/12 at 12:01:25

The exact thing has been happening to me..riding is bad driving is impossible, I get a horrible reaction and it just began about 3 months ago...up until then I didn't have this issue. Since it is worse when I drive is it vision and concentration?????

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #3 - 09/05/12 at 13:10:24

At first I couldn't be in the car. Now I'm ok if I drive and keep the windows down for fresh air. Got all scented things out of the car and washed with water.

When healthy I would only get sick if it was a windy road or too hot in car, but now I get sick if someone else drives.

IP Logged

mikev
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
st louis, mo
Reply #4 - 09/06/12 at 03:04:16

Larken:
Mine was a different trouble. Any drive of any length somewhere in it I would get so tired that I could hardly keep my eyes open. Had to pull over once with my wife & once with a friend & let them drive. Once  I wasn't driving I was fine. Hasn't happened in a while but it was scary. Don't know if it came from all the drugs we take or if was a spell.
MikeV

IP Logged

TallBird
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 09/07/12 at 22:33:05

Larken, when I first became ill last year I had a terrible time driving or being a passenger in a car because I would suffer from sensory overload and also got car sick everytime I went out.  It does not seem to be as much of a problem for me now thankfully.  I am fairly certain that this subject has been discussed quite recently in another posting on this forum and I think that it was agreed that vibration was the trigger for causing cells to degranulate. Someone with more knowledge about this condition will put me right if I have got this wrong...

Stay well!

IP Logged

larken
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - 09/07/12 at 23:05:15

Thanks for your comments.   Tallbird, I will definitely check out the other post on vibration and driving.  Makes sense that vibration could be the reason.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print