Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Being tested for POTS...anyone else have this? (Read 19720 times)
MGC
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Being tested for POTS...anyone else have this?
Reply #30 - 08/20/12 at 07:26:53

How nice, Linda, that you feel better. I do as well, since starting antihistamines and Gastrocrom. These meds can be very helpful. I wish I had known about the MCD years ago!

However, (yeah, sorry, there is a 'However'), after years of medicating my POTS and having been on MC meds for about a year, my Norepinephrine is still high. I mentioned one beneficial action of NE, at least my thoughts on this, but as many other things high NE can also have a down side. The most notable is its ability to cause an arrhythmia. This is the reason I think we with both H POTS and MCD just can't afford to ignore the POTS part of whatever is going on with us.

Take care all.

Gail

IP Logged

goldielove
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Being tested for POTS...anyone else have this?
Reply #31 - 08/22/12 at 14:40:44

My first dx was pots severe pots but the hyperadnergic type my heart rate went sky high just by standing dr Greenburger is a very smart dr it's really easy to test for pots without a tilt table test I had three tilt tests the first and second ones I was really not well and had a horrible time with them the third one was really easy so it depends on how you are feeling my pots is only bc of the mast cell activation I saw dr grubb and he confirmed I was better off seeing a mast cell md then a cardiologist I still get pots symptoms or ? Mast cell symptoms yesterday I traveled from my home and drove five hours and did a really silly thing stopped at a drive thru and ate a big lunch that was the only meal I had all day when I stopped I was so sick Tachy at 140 and could not walk so dizzy then like my stubborn self walked the dog during this I had taken my reg dose of anti histamines but nothing extra good thing I was actually at a hotel next to an er I got majorly sick took double dose of my anti histamines and an hour later my heart rate was fine I did not take my beta blocker just wanted to see if just anti histamines helped and they sure did I still can't get off my low dose of beta blockers though good luck

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print