Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Direct/Indirect Sunlight (Read 13072 times)
PJP123
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Direct/Indirect Sunlight
Reply #15 - 08/25/12 at 15:41:28

One of the mast cell doctors spoke of a man who self combusted and he was pushed in to a pool to cool him off.

Today I went to my daughters 1st travel soccer game and sat in the sun on bleachers.  I wasn't there 10 minutes and I was about to combust.  My husband was sitting behind me and I turned to him and said I'm sick I'm freaking out I have to get out of here and got up and left for my car (we took 2 cars cause the 1st game was at 7 AM.  He asked why I was sick.  He will never get that this is with me every minute of everday.  I came home and was in bed in the air conditioning the rest of the day.  

Tomorrow is round 2 of soccer.  2 games, 1st one at 7 AM.  I don't want to go.  This is so unfair to my poor 11 year old.  She understands though.  
She's so smart.  She said we could video tape it for me to see.  That girls a genious. LOL

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #16 - 08/25/12 at 18:30:05

Would ice packs, cooling vest, and an umbrella for shade help? Plus ice cold water in a bottle?

I can't go out in the heat either or sun for that long, but those things help me when I have to

IP Logged

Deb
Rookie

HEDS & MCAS

Reply #17 - 10/23/12 at 07:26:34

I think it might have something to do with the light waves too rather than the heat but it's really hard to know for sure.
I react to heat and steam and just the last few months when I get in the sunlight my heart will start to race, my stomach turns and I get body pain all over. But I've noticed recently it is actually cool outside and i may be a bit chilled and still the sun is having that effect. I was standing out with my back to the sun yesterday and it was only touching the bottom half of the side of my face and it was actually just a little painful there where the sun touched it. Not unbearable, I continued on with what I was doing but I know now I need some long sleeve summer shirts before next summer. (That was my dad's idea last week when the sun made me so bad off I had to squat down in the middle of the street!)
This page backs up the solar light waves theory too.
http://www.mastocytosis.ca/symptoms.htm

That also makes me wonder... I was about to buy one of those lights for seasonal affective disorder (the wintertime blues). But now I wonder if it will trigger mast cells. Anyone had any experience with that?

WWW debdrake.com  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print