Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Big Brother Fans (Read 7198 times)
kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Big Brother Fans
07/19/12 at 15:20:08

I have not been a BB fan. Not until this season. One of the players is my brotherinlaw...Chef Joe Arvin. Although I am still not a big fan of all the drama and back stabbing, I am proud of him for maintaining his dignity and integrity. GO JOE!!

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Re: Big Brother Fans
Reply #1 - 07/20/12 at 01:25:38

LOL. That is really cool! We all watch Big Brother at my house, and we have a ton of fun anticipating who is going to do what. So, what do you think of the combination of houseguests this year? Are the producers editing the show so that you are seeing the Joe you know, or are they portraying him differently than his real personality? It's always interesting to me to read that sometimes the people on reality shows discuss how what the tv viewers saw was not at all how it really was. Just curious what your take is so far!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Reply #2 - 07/20/12 at 01:57:19

I really can't comment much on the mix of players this year because I haven't followed the show before. All I can say is there is a wild assortment. I do know that when Joe was interviewed  he was first turned down because they didn't think he would mix right with this seasons picks. It is so strange (but fun)  to see him on the show. He is different though. Normally when he is in a group of people he is the lime light of the party and people are always gathered around him. He is WAY full of energy and always making everyone  laugh. I think he is stressed or nervous or maybe it is part of his strategy. He doesn't get much camera time but again I think its because he is being reserved. I have not paid for the 24 hour live feeds but I do follow the posts where others with the 24 hr live feeds post everything going on. He does get mentioned more on that but again it is always serious and I haven't seen the personality of the Joe I know. I guess according to BB followers that the past week was intense 'game play' and unusual so early in the game. That, too, probably has something to do with the lack of laughs and entertainment from Joe.
I think Joe might be safe one more week with Frank making HOH. That is IF Frank can be trusted and keeps his word to protect those who didn't vote him out. Willie, however, is TOAST!
So what are your thoughts about the show this season?

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #3 - 07/20/12 at 04:23:05

Haaa. We are enjoying it. We have watched it for years, and are big fans of 3 of the coaches (Boogie, Dan, and Janelle). Our 2 favorite coaches are Boogie and Dan, because they are so darn good at manipulating the game and they are funny. Janelle is tricky, though. She is a strong competitor and seems just as smart, so who know....Not sure how Brittany got asked back. That is just strange since she was never a strong player to begin with. As for the houseguests, it's kind of weird. Usually they would have at least a handful who seem to have some brains. Not so much this time. It seems that Frank, Joe, and Willie are the only ones who have brains and can think for themselves. I am not a fan of Willie, but he does make the game interesting. Haaa. I think the only female houseguest who had potential with thinking things through might have been the one just voted out. So, that's a shame. (Of course, my husband wanted her to stay. No surprise there. LOL)

I think the coach twist is interesting, but it hasn't been utilized properly in the set up of the game with forcing certain people to be targets because of the whole coaching thing. So, I don't know what I think about that. I don't get the 24 hr feed either, but I have occasionally been reading summaries on twitter of what is going on. I have to be careful, though, because I don't want to find out in advance what happens by the time we see it on tv. You are right, they aren't showing Joe a ton on tv thus far. That will change, though, the longer he is there. It's going to be even more fun watching now, knowing that Joe is related to you!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Reply #4 - 07/20/12 at 16:57:09

Omg! You will be shocked when you find out what happened in the BBH. Not sure if we will see Sunday or Wednesday. Lets just say the house is out another player and I don't mean from an eviction. Hope that doesn't spoil anything for you.

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #5 - 07/21/12 at 03:46:58

Uh oh! Thanks for the heads up so I know not to look at those twitter feeds!! Eeek, I hope my favorite coaches are still there!! Haaa

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Reply #6 - 07/22/12 at 14:23:24

So did I ruin it for you? What did you think?

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #7 - 07/24/12 at 04:45:37

Well, I never would have guessed that would happen, Kim! Plus, it was your Joe who was in jeopardy! Yikes!! Interesting!!

So I wonder if Brittany is as annoying in person as she is on tv? You will have to ask Joe after this is all done! Haa

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Reply #8 - 07/24/12 at 04:54:29

I am sure Joe will have plenty of insider info when he returns from the show. It will be interesting.

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #9 - 08/04/12 at 06:30:36

Hey Kim,

What did you think of last Thursday's episode?! Wow, Joe and Frank really dodged a bullet, huh? I was actually happy to see the coaches enter the game, because it has been a bit boring. So, maybe this will spice things up with no more mentoring going on! Now the players can actually play for themselves rather than their teams.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #10 - 08/05/12 at 16:52:37

That is SO cool that he is your brother in law. I've been watching for the first time and enjoying it.

The stuff he cooks looks delicious!! I hope he does well!

IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Reply #11 - 08/07/12 at 10:19:57

As you know I'm not a fan of the show and only watching it because of my brotherinlaw Joe. I don't care for the manipulation and lying. So I was good with it being boring prior to the coaches entering as players  Roll Eyes I can understand how this move will make it more exciting and regular BB watchers have got to be loving it.

As for Joe, I just wish he would start washing his hands after using the dang bathroom. GROSS! That and his obvious lies... ie He created I Can't Believe It's Not Butter?!?!?!?! Oh geez! Not sure why he is telling these lie's but I'm sure he thinks it's to his advantage somehow (even thought the others don't believe him).

Ana: If you want to check out some of his video's of recipes he makes you can go to you tube and search: 'Joe Arvin', 'Smash Mouth Burgers', or 'Mad Love Cooking' to see some of his recipes. It also shows you a different side of him that we don't see on Big Brother.

IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Reply #12 - 08/11/12 at 07:08:17

BB is going to Joe's house Monday for filming of his family. We will hopefully see it this coming week.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print