Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question about certain blood test results (Read 1982 times)
WendyH
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Hurricane, UT
Question about certain blood test results
07/09/12 at 05:05:53

I got a copy of the blood work the HEM/ONC in SLC did.  There are a couple on here I have not seen before.  If anyone knows what it means please let me know.  

There was a toxicities panel done (never had that before) and everything shows 0 except next to platelet count it says 1.  What does that mean?

Creatine Clearance shows high 158.72 with the normal range of 75-115

neutrophils high (they are always high) 7.9 normal is 2-6.9

lymphocytes low (they are always low) .4 normal is .6 - 3.4

Platelets 140 normal is 140-450   this could explain all the bruising

wendy

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Question about certain blood test results
Reply #1 - 07/10/12 at 14:57:40

The creatine Clearance has to do with your kidneys, so I would suggest you go to a nephrologist and have this looked into further.  Donīt freak, not yet cause there are various things which can make that marker go off, and sometimes itīs temporary, so find a good nephrologist and see what they can find about it.  As to the other markers, one thing Iīve learned is that itīs not always concerning when you have one reading thatīs off, itīs the consistancy of those readings being off which are concerning.  Also, itīs not the low normals or high normals which are concerning, itīs when they are WAY OFF that is concerning.  And itīs not always just one of a group, but SEVERAL of a group which need to be off to make your doctors eyes pop.   Iīve had my platelets go below normal, further than yours and the next exam they were back in the normal ranges - for no reason.  So, donīt worry about this, Wendy.  At first itīs hard not to be concerned, but if you donīt see your doctor doing this: Shocked, then you should do this Smiley and give a sigh of RELIEF!!!    Cheesy

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

WendyH
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Hurricane, UT
Reply #2 - 07/11/12 at 05:19:24

Thanks Lisa,

I was not worried I just had never seen this creatinine clearance thing before or the toxicity test.  So I was wondering.  My neutrophils are always high and lymphocytes always low so that is not big deal to me.  As for going to a kidney doc or anything like that, I will pass, I don't want to be looking for more problems.  My kidneys must be working just fine because I have to pee all the time.  Smiley

wendy

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Reply #3 - 07/11/12 at 15:00:50

140K on the platelets is no problem Smiley  Below 50K is worrisome (from what I understand, that's about the point when you would start to have symptoms).  When they dip below 10K you can easily bleed to death.

High creatinine clearance is actually a good thing!  It's similar to GFR.  The higher the number, the better off you are.

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print