Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pain (Read 5497 times)
peter
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Pain
06/29/12 at 11:04:33

Mast Cells in Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms.

Shi GP, Lindholt JS.

Source

Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Brigham and Women�s Hospital, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, NRB-7, Boston, MA 02115, USA. gshi@rics.bwh.harvard.edu.

Abstract

Mast cells (MCs) are proinflammatory cells that play important roles in allergic responses, tumor growth, obesity, diabetes, atherosclerosis, and abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA). Although the presence and function of MCs in atherosclerotic lesions have been thoroughly studied in human specimens, in primary cultured vascular cells, and in atherosclerosis in animals, their role in AAA was recognized only recently. Via multiple activation pathways, MCs release a spectrum of mediators � including histamine, inflammatory cytokines, chemokines, growth factors, proteoglycans, and proteases � to activate neighboring cells, degrade extracellular matrix proteins, process latent bioactive molecules, promote angiogenesis, recruit additional inflammatory cells, and stimulate vascular cell apoptosis. These activities associate closely with medial elastica breakdown, medial smooth-muscle cell loss and thinning, outer media and adventitia inflammation, aortic wall expansion, endothelium erosion, and eventual rupture and thrombosis. Experimental animal AAA models and MC reconstitution technique allowed examination of a direct role of MCs in AAA pathogenesis, and identification of the exact role of each MC-derived molecule. Genetic deficiency of MCs, pharmacological inhibition of MC degranulation, absence of MC-specific chymase and tryptase, or inhibition of these proteases, all effectively attenuated or abolished experimental AAA growth. The role of MCs have been reproduced in humans in several case-control studies, and two cohort studies showing the systemic level of MC specific chymase and tryptase is associated with aneurysmal growth rate, need for later aneurysmal repair and even overall mortality. These observations offer new opportunities to prevent or slow AAA growth in humans, and specific antimastcell drugs inhibiting degranulation of MCs have been used for especially allergic diseases for decades. It clearly calls for randomized clinical trials as no medical treatment to inhibit AAA progression so far have shown to be efficient.
IS this the couse of the pain ?

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Pain
Reply #1 - 07/11/12 at 03:40:23

Peter, Dr. Shi´s work is IMPRESSIVE!!   His work with aortic aneurysms is what helped to save my life for it was his work which showed what was going on in my aortic aneurysm.  Without this work, my doctors would never have known the amount of danger I was in.  

Dr. Shi is perhaps the world´s leading authority biochemist on mast cells and their mediators.  I have spoken often with him and I know that he welcomes speaking with patients especially as concerns the use of mast cell mediators.  He is doing what he can to help further the study of MC stabilizers and their response to mast cells with different illnesses and how it can improve those diseases.   He would especially welcome any positive feedback in this area by patients!

Lisa

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

peter
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 07/11/12 at 11:25:00

Hi lisa there are a lot of good doctors trying to get it right

but there are to many obstacles' the massive amount of research over the last 2 years

on mast cells is ALL on the WEB not on the ground

The medical pertection industry is to strong they have been living the lies for so long

They stat to believe there own lies

The top people have known about mast cells for years but the truth would uncover the lies

how can there be accountability for doctors and patents when we are been controlled

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #3 - 07/13/12 at 00:15:58

You´ve a valid point there Peter!!!
Angry

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #4 - 07/13/12 at 01:02:29

Peter, I had to take a look at the abstract of this article to see that you are asking a question in the last line.

As to pain, this is not what Dr. Shi is investigating here.  This is purely concentrating on the role of the MCs with aortic aneurysms.  

As to MCs and pain, I´ve not done a great amount of study in this but I do know they´ve been linked to pelvic pain syndrome as well as bladder pain.  

I suggest that you write to Dr. Shi and ask him if he is knowing of any studies regaring the MC mediators and pain and the pathways with pain.  He may know of something.

Lisa

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print