Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
lipomas (Read 4569 times)
deblevstern
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

lipomas
06/15/12 at 09:35:52

Just wondering if anyone has lipomas? I have 2 on one thigh, and a tiny one on the other. One has been there for years and the other 2 seem new. The doc says no big deal, but I am wondering if this could be related to mast cell disorders??
Anyone?

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Re: lipomas
Reply #1 - 07/25/12 at 16:41:53

Never fear. I have 2, been there since childhood. My husband has several. Even my dog has 2. I'm the only one with masto.
Melissa

IP Logged

PJP123
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 07/25/12 at 16:57:57

My husband has many of them and he doesn't have masto.  Nothing to worry about he was told.

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #3 - 07/25/12 at 18:46:48

Lipomas are our friends! Annoying but harmless, yay! Assuming they are stable in size

If you ever find that they are enlarging at a noticeable rate, you should have them rechecked though...

IP Logged

PJP123
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 07/26/12 at 15:51:38

I just came upon a website about tick borne diseases and mast cell activation.  Next I see something about lipomas and there's something called Dercum's Disease (adiposis dolorosa).  You may want to read and see if it applies and bring it up to your doctor.

IP Logged

Ceruleanblue
Rookie

California
Reply #5 - 08/13/12 at 11:43:40

I have Dercum's disease & lipoma's are not my friends.  Mine are horribly painful & are growing all over my body.  I do think there may be a connection to lipomas & mast cell disorders.

For most people that have lipomas they are no big deal but for people with Dercum's disease they can be invasive & terribly painful.

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #6 - 08/13/12 at 13:34:07

Oh no! Another rare disease. Yes it makes you wonder doesn't it when two rare birds like that occur in one person.

So sorry to hear this! If they are enlarging or recurrent they can cause no end of trouble even though they're thought of as "benign". Ceruleanblue, have they tried any treatments for you? I've heard even if they're taken out with that disease they generally recur; have you found that?

Thanks for sharing what you're going through and I hope you find relief soon Smiley

IP Logged

Ceruleanblue
Rookie

California
Reply #7 - 08/13/12 at 16:28:16

Anaphylaxing, I am trying medications, compression garments, diet & a slew of off the wall kinds of things.  I am seeing the only doctor in the US that is doing any kind of research in Dercum's disease.  I can't tell if I am making any headway yet.  You are correct that there is an extremely high chance that if I remove the lipomas that they will come back & will bring buddies with them.  I have talked to a few people now that have Dercum's disease & have symptom's of mast cell disorders.
I have not been officially been diagnosed with Mast cell disease but it is strongly suspected by my doctors.

I wish I could make it back east but I am not well enough to fly right now.

Any advice that you all have is welcomed.  This seems like a great group.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print