Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
plantar faciitis (Read 7732 times)
texan1960
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

plantar faciitis
06/11/12 at 14:51:44

Had this going for over a month now...all anti inflammatories are bad for me ...dont shock, but IC and GERD go crazy.  I have been doing stretches and wearing inserts, but I am realllly getting so over the foot pain on top of everything else...any ideas, magic tricks, when no anti inflam can be used?  They are totally out for me...   Angry  on a more positive note no major probs taking neuroprotek...jury still out on how it will work to stop neuropathic body pain...

A joyful heart is good medicine.

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: plantar faciitis
Reply #1 - 06/11/12 at 19:35:41

I think you're doing everything recommended for it.  Sorry it's not working quickly.  

Remember that NeuroProtek takes a few months to work completely.  I've had good luck with turmeric for inflammation of a more arthritic or connective tissue type.  Don't know if it can be taken with NeuroProtek.  I use the kind that's 95% circumin.

Does icing or heating it give you any relief?

Sorry you're hurting!!

Joan

IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Reply #2 - 06/12/12 at 01:09:33

Joan, where can one get this Turmeric? I have LOADS of inflamation I would love to see gone!

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #3 - 06/12/12 at 01:30:11

I had/have this in my foot. I know how you are feeling. I could barely walk! The stretches will eventually work, but it could take 6 months to a year of stretching to fix it. So don't give up. When my foot hurt the worst, I hunted for shoes that had good soles with a really cushioned insert. I found some black sneakers by Nike (I think) that were amazing and allowed me to walk without terrible pain! Sometimes I would try tylenol or motrin, and it helped a bit. However, it was mainly those shoes that provided instant relief.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

texan1960
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 06/12/12 at 03:27:57

Thanks for the suggestions guys!  Sounds like this is a common problem.  I did have it years ago in college...walking around campus on one tippy toe with my backpack was, well, interesting.  I am breaking down and going to the podiatrist to see if they can point me toward the best inserts or shoes.  I wish I could take motrin!  I can take an Aleve here and there, but more than one day in a row, and bam IC goes on a tear.  I am doing the towel stretches, wearing a store bought insert, etc.  Ice does kinda help.  I guess I just need to suck it up...we are going on a vacation next month, hopings its better by then. Otherwise, I am going to be hopping like the Easter bunny  Cheesy on the whole trip...grrr!  Joan...I am going to order another bottle of neuroprotek and keep going.  I think it is helping,but that is after a month and a half of gastrocrom (so I think some of the mast cell stab is still carrying over from that).   Good news is, unlike gastrocrom is not causing me major GI stress.  So, giving it a go longer!

IP Logged

mikev
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
st louis, mo
Reply #5 - 06/13/12 at 03:14:57

Kim:
We are sure a lot a like. I had it bad & bought this piece of exercise equipment called a Double Pro Stretch. They make it in a single foot
version but I like the double, since I'm spending the time might as well work both of them. You can get from  Amazon. It really works, takes a little bit of time but never has come back.
MikeV

IP Logged

texan1960
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - 06/13/12 at 05:56:57

I will check on that...I have used a calf stretcher at our gym, but having one to use every day might be the trick....yep we do share the neuropathic stupid pain, while I don't have systemic masto, I do have the ever so lovely mast cell related IC and all the other weird symptoms (such as the neuropathic pain)...still working on getting those diagnosed.  Not sure if the Neuroprotek will help the IC in any way, but seems to be helping other pain...I kind of feel like once the IC organ damage is done...well it's done, goal is to just not make it any worse (like with anti-inflammatories...errrg).  Going to order my second bottle soon and just see  how it goes.   PS Joan-I might try the turmeric...looks like it is IC okay from the IC boards...not sure about mixing with the neuroprotek, but will do a little more research.
« Last Edit: 06/13/12 at 08:13:07 by texan1960 »  

IP Logged

WendyH
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Hurricane, UT
Reply #7 - 06/14/12 at 07:55:07

Wow that sounds like what I have had for a long time.  Thought is was part of the bone pain.  It's very hard to get shoes that are comfy.  I have high arches and most shoes/sneakers don't have good arch support.  But I have finally found the best ones.  I order on-line.  In the summer I wear Teva Mush Sandals and now they make Teva Mush Sneakers.  I have several of both.  They are the most cushiony sandals and sneakers and mold to your foot.  I can't wear anything with hard soles.  I know if I switch to a different pair of sandals my heals end up hurting so now I don't try.  I get them from the Teva website, they do sell them in some stores but since I am in a little town we don't have one.

IP Logged

iamnotalone
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - 06/21/12 at 05:00:24

Wendy, & Tex;
My sister had Plantar Faciitis. Now, she pushes around a 500lb. echocardiogram machine all day, & does a lot of travelling to teach others how to use it. She got some odd looking shoes that have springs under the heel a few yr.s ago... They were fashionable-except the heel part- it has a metal sort of platform with a coil in between. She swears by them. She hasn't had to wear them for a couple of years now ! I can get the website if you're interested. I have seen others wearing different styles & they say they really work.
lori

IP Logged

FarmerJane
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - 08/16/12 at 03:48:40

I see my chiropractor for mine.  I make sure I'm not barefoot much.  The chiropractor hurts, but its good pain and it went away!!  I love my Chiro!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print