Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Menopause Anyone? (Read 3897 times)
Aggiegirl
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Menopause Anyone?
06/10/12 at 09:09:51

I think I'm in the beginning stages of menopause.  I'm having hotflashes and nightsweats a lot.  It starts at about 10:00 p.m. and lasts until about 6:00 a.m. - up every two hours.  Has anyone out there who has gone through this delightful stage had any luck with over the counter medications for menopause?  Thanks a bunch!

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Menopause Anyone?
Reply #1 - 06/13/12 at 15:31:43

Hi Aggie,

Sorry that I didnīt see this earlier, but I canīt really say much either.   Iī m also beginning to show signs, but itīt not causing me much trouble...yet (fingerīs crossed!)  Iīve had just instant bouts of flushing for no good reason and then itīs gone.  That quick.  But itīs not really creating any real issues and besides, Iīm not a candidate for hormone treatments so I canīt help you.

Sorry!

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

iamnotalone
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 06/13/12 at 17:36:05

Aggie;
SO sorry gf ! I had hormonal issues years/decades before my masto showed up. Even with a complete hysterectomy 18 yr.s ago, I am also in what I believe to be menopause.I haven't taken anything for years-just cut back on caffiene this time. Spicy foods also are said to contribute,BUT- we aren't s'pose to be eating them anyway Sad
I can tell you that I notice the hot flashes Feel different than flushing (at least to me, because Im so familiar with them).
Ask your dr/gyn: Meantime; a cool shower before bed, light cotton jammies, water on the bedside, ceiling or regular fan, n lower thread count sheets will help you keep your cool Cool. Good Luck !!!

IP Logged

Aggiegirl
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 06/18/12 at 10:09:05

Thanks guys!  I've had hot flashes in the past, but now they are much "hotter" and much more often - about 10 a day!  Whew!  Much different from my Masto flushing.  Just one of the joys of getting older, but I guess it beats the alternative!  Wink

IP Logged

goldielove
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 06/19/12 at 13:41:59

I personally went through premature ovarian failure I have been on hrt for about 20 years I never could get off them bc of the very bad hot flashes and my body at that age did need hormone therapy as my ovaries were intact I still wonder if it was something autoimmune and related too my now dx mast cell issues . It's funny bc I never had a problem getting pregnant just glad I had my kids bf 30 otherwise they would not be here and they are the light of my life . I recently quit taking my hrt as now I am of menopause age and I had tried so many times too do this but so far I have had maybe 2 episodes in the last two months of hot flashes very short I also think its bc I have sort of stabilized my mast cells ??????

IP Logged

Sweet Tea
Rookie

Never ever ever give up

Charlotte, NC
Reply #5 - 06/29/12 at 15:38:58

Because of a bad motor vehicle accident in my 20s I went throught menopause very early in life. I took 50 mg vitamin E that included selenium in it. Within a day the symptoms were subsiding. After 2 days I took two pills, once in the morning and once at night. You can find them at health food stores.

Hope that helps!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print