Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
For those of you with IC in the mix, a couple of interesting mast cell research articles (Read 4439 times)
texan1960
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

For those of you with IC in the mix, a couple of interesting mast cell research articles
05/24/12 at 09:21:11

A joyful heart is good medicine.

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: For those of you with IC in the mix, a couple of interesting mast cell research articles
Reply #1 - 05/25/12 at 04:34:27

GREAT ARTICLE!!!   THANKS!!

Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2012 May 6. [Epub ahead of print]
Mast cells: an expanding pathophysiological role from allergy to other disorders.
Anand P, Singh B, Jaggi AS, Singh N.
Source
Department of Chemistry, Punjabi University, Patiala, 147002, India.
Abstract
The mast cells are multi-effector cells with wide distribution in the different body parts and traditionally their role has been well-defined in the development of IgE-mediated hypersensitivity reactions including bronchial asthma. Due to the availability of genetically modified mast cell-deficient mice, the broadened pathophysiological role of mast cells in diverse diseases has been revealed. Mast cells exert different physiological and pathophysiological roles by secreting their granular contents, including vasoactive amines, cytokines and chemokines, and various proteases, including tryptase and chymase. Furthermore, mast cells also synthesize plasma membrane-derived lipid mediators, including prostaglandins and leukotrienes, to produce diverse biological actions. The present review discusses the pathophysiological role of mast cells in different diseases, including atherosclerosis, pulmonary hypertension, ischemia-reperfusion injury, male infertility, autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis, bladder pain syndrome (interstitial cystitis), anxiety, Alzheimer's disease, nociception, obesity and diabetes mellitus.
PMID: 22562473 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

texan1960
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: For those of you with IC in the mix, a couple of interesting mast cell research articles
Reply #2 - 05/25/12 at 08:29:27

The things I thought were really interesting about these were...for the first one, indicators at the cellular level between IC and OAB; for the second one, how much mast cells get implicated in so many illnesses including IC....I guess they are our friends and foes!...well, seemingly mostly foes in my life!

A joyful heart is good medicine.

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #3 - 05/25/12 at 11:11:34

What I thought was impressive was that with the 2nd article, the one I posted the abstract, this is what Dr. Afrin and Dr. Moulderings are talking about.   This is what Peter and I have both been saying for a year now.  This is what the Harvard researchers are convicted of and are hunting down with masto and aortic aneurysm patients!!!   CONFIRMATION!

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Reply #4 - 11/13/12 at 13:27:01

Here is another link I just found:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23049171
« Last Edit: 11/13/12 at 15:08:59 by kimtg68 »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print