Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sensation of heat on my skin (Read 11658 times)
larken
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Sensation of heat on my skin
05/19/12 at 12:50:41

Does anyone else get this?  I have a recurring feeling that something hot is sitting on my leg, like an overheated laptop or something.  It typically lasts for a half hour or hour and then goes away.  The skin does not look any different from surrounding skin, so no flushing.

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Re: Sensation of heat on my skin
Reply #1 - 05/20/12 at 07:53:13

I have all sorts of reactions to heat. Not sure if mine are like yours or not, but could be! I can be outside for just a minute and quickly feel as if I am on fire from the inside out (felt like that yesterday!). Once I get back into air conditioning, my skin will calm down but I might start feeling nauseous and have to run for the bathroom. Generally, I will take an extra med and that will help.

I used to have the burning feeling all the time before I got put on the proper meds. Singulaire helped eliminate that problem quite well. I rarely need to take Singulaire anymore, but will when needed.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #2 - 05/20/12 at 14:51:39

Yes I get spontaneous hot feelings and burning in my skin sometimes all over to I'm not sure what sometimes. I totally get all kinds of reactions to heat. I carry ice packs and can't be out in the heat. I don't have AC so I lean into the freezer, drink ice water, do whatever I can.

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #3 - 05/21/12 at 06:02:59

A really good tip that I have: you can carry those instant first aid cold packs with you that you crumple up to activate it to turn cold. They are small enough to fit into a purse and come in handy when that heat hits if you are in a hot environment.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

larken
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 05/21/12 at 08:36:37

Thanks for the tips, especially the cool pack.  It sounds like I'm not the only one!  

Just to clarify, I don't have to be in a hot environment.  Sometimes I am in a cool or comfortable air temperature but all of a sudden a patch of skin on my leg (usually it's my leg, sometimes other areas of my body) will start to feel quite hot.  It's so strange!  I could understand it better if it were a hot day or I was overheated from something, but usually I'm not.  

I wish I could connect it with a trigger, but I have yet to figure this one out.

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #5 - 05/21/12 at 08:55:42

Yes I totally get in when not hot too

I try to examine what I've eaten, stress level, what I've inhaled to see if I can find any links, but it's not always clear.

When it's linear and follows the course of a nerve I call it a burning paresthesia.

IP Logged

PJP123
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - 05/21/12 at 12:24:39

I used to get a burning red hot feeling on the underside of my right forearm.  Subsequently I found out I had minor nerve damage to the ulner nerve (from using computer mouse).  I was given a foamy kind of brace so as to not lean on nerve.  My burning pain is gone now.  

There are so many weird symptoms with this disease.  

It could be some kind of nerve thing going on if it's only in one leg.

Just thinking out loud.

IP Logged

frugalmama
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - 05/25/12 at 07:58:27

I frequently have the sensation of my skin burning - I explain it to my husband that it feels like holding a blow dryer to my skin for a prolonged period.  I get it down the tops of both my arms (but oddly, not on the undersides), and occasionally on my legs.  Ah,  the joys of this weird illness Smiley

IP Logged

mikev
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
st louis, mo
Reply #8 - 05/25/12 at 08:24:08

frugal:
I have it almost all the time. Feet most then arms next, both top & under & legs. Mine doesn't respond well to cold, as am super sensitive. I tried many lotions, pain pills, etc. You name it I've tried it.
Lately what I've found to give tempory,only temporary relief is puttin on benedryl lotion, then I top that with an aloe gel. Also take liquid tylonal & tramadol. I'm beginning to wonder if after 7 years of this that my ckit mass cells that leak have burned the sheat off the nerves that they sit close to. So sorry to say trial & error & it varies by not just day but periods during the day, i.e late afternoon & night being the worst. But load up with meds so sleep ok. Hope this helps you. I diescribe it to people as a severe sunburn only on the inside of my skin.
MikeV

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #9 - 05/26/12 at 05:12:24

A warning about topical Benadryl (lotion or creme)...  Some people have been reported to become allergic to oral Benadryl after using the topical over a period of time.  That comes from a reputable allergist.  Of course, that won't happen to everyone, but if Benadryl is your only rescue medication, it might not be worth the risk to use the topical often.

Joan

IP Logged

frugalmama
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #10 - 05/27/12 at 20:20:48

Mike - that's a great way to describe it - a sunburn inder your skin!  Thankfully mine is more annoying than anything else, and I'm still trying to tackle my other symptoms before I head onto trying to help this one Smiley.

IP Logged

Jenlwel
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #11 - 11/05/12 at 14:58:31

frugalmama wrote on 05/25/12 at 07:58:27:
I frequently have the sensation of my skin burning - I explain it to my husband that it feels like holding a blow dryer to my skin for a prolonged period.  I get it down the tops of both my arms (but oddly, not on the undersides), and occasionally on my legs.  Ah,  the joys of this weird illness Smiley

I was reading your post..me too! the tops of my arms

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #12 - 11/07/12 at 01:34:57

When I had this sensation, it was everywhere on me. I described it as feeling as if I was on fire just beneath the top layer of my skin. Singulaire really helped me get rid of that!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Keri
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #13 - 02/17/14 at 17:41:15

HI, yes I too have these so called hot spots. In fact these hot spots were the first thing that started to happen to me before all the other symptoms took off and I became deathly ill. I started on my legs and felt as large as the palm of my hand. It would move upwards..to my hips and stomach, to my back, neck and finally to my face. this was gradual and over months, but not every day. Finally the hot spots settled mostly on my face, and nerve pain joined in the process, making life for me almost unbearable. Currently I rarely ever get these hot spots, they tend to be around by menstrual cycle time and only last for a few moments in a day or two. It will start out small and then consume most of my body. It is not painful, but a little uncomfortable.The skin never changes color. The worst part about these hot spots was when they were on my face, it meant I could not cry because if I did, the nerve pain between my eyes would start and then my face would begin to burn, radiating from my nose right out to my ears. It would last as long as I was upset, angry or sad...I am so glad now that it does not happen and hope that it never returns.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print