Send Topic Print
Xylitol Nasal spray (Read 1875 times)
bobkeenan
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Portland, or
Xylitol Nasal spray
05/18/12 at 13:49:17

Most of the year my triggers are, antibiotics, nsaids, alcohol, heat, stress, pain, fever... fevers usually put me in the ER once a year.  But now that it is spring its pollen.

I can hide inside or wear a mask outside but neither of those are fun so when I do go out I try to shower and change clothes when I get back.  I also do a saline nasal flush.   The latter is pretty effecting in keeping me from flushing (If I was not exposed to pollen for too long).

Today my doctor suggested Xylitol nasal spray.  There is a commercial version called Xclear but my doctor said that I could make my own.   She said that it is pretty good in cleaning the nasal passages and relieving typical hay fever symptoms.  I guess it is also a natural antibiotic?    So I just starting using it today and its too early to see if its a good deal for pollen affected Masto people or not.

Any of you try this stuff??   Smiley

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Xylitol Nasal spray
Reply #1 - 05/18/12 at 17:17:53

Will you post a recipe for it?  Where do you find xylitol to put in it and how much?

Joan

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Re: Xylitol Nasal spray
Reply #2 - 05/22/12 at 18:31:14

I use XClear nasal spray and it WORKS! Have a tissue ready, lol! I also use a sinus rinse with regular saline, but when I'm really clogged up and suspect a sinus infection brewing I put 1 or 2 drops of GSE(grapeseed extract) in with the saline and I'm telling the mucus does not like that stuff, it comes right out. Be forwarned, adding GSE to your sinus rinse can burn a little. I'm not as reactive as others and I do fine with it. But the XClear is mild as doesn't burn at all and it works. I even use it on my 2 year old, she loves it. She giggles when we use it.
My pollen allergies are bad the past few weeks and now have a sinus infection, I wasn't staying on stop of using the sinus rinse like I should. Just started Nasacort spray and it is helping with those allergies.
Melissa

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print