Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Itchy muscles (Read 4002 times)
ruth
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Itchy muscles
05/14/12 at 10:07:02

Can anyone relate to this? After going out for a bike ride today my son asked me about that feeling you get in your muscles after exercising like they are itching. He  doesn't mean superficial itching of the skin, or flushing or heat rash, he says it is deeper, in the muscle belly. Can't say I have ever felt anything like that, has anyone else? It was another one ofthose 'you know when...' questions he asks quite often, thinking it is something normal that happens to  everyone, and he is only just understanding that other people don't have to live with what he thinks is normal. Any clues on this  one would be appreciated.

Ruth

IP Logged

WendyH
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Hurricane, UT
Re: Itchy muscles
Reply #1 - 05/14/12 at 11:18:12

I am not sure if I had the same thing or not.  I use to get these heebee geebees up and down my muscles in my legs.  I don't know what else to call them.  Almost like tiny little insects running up and down the muscle or little light electrical tingling up and down.  Anyway, after they found out I had pernicious anemia and began B12 injections weekly that went away.  Have his B12 level checked.

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #2 - 05/14/12 at 15:26:25

Could also be magnesium deficiency.  An epsom salts bath can help if that's the problem.

Joan

IP Logged

ruth
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 05/15/12 at 03:16:55

Thanks for those suggestions, I will take a look at his recent blood test to see if those have been checked. He does have trouble with cramps sometimes, which I think relates to magnesium deficiency. I was wondering more along the lines of histamine as he feels it as itching?

IP Logged

mikev
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
st louis, mo
Reply #4 - 05/15/12 at 04:01:40

ruth:
just one thing about what joan said. My SM is completely itchy, burning
skin. With me the epsom salt baths dried out my skin & made things worst instead of better. With my skin the moister I keep it the better
& usually moistuize it every day. Doesn't stop the itching but could keep itching down.
mikev

IP Logged

ruth
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 05/15/12 at 09:52:20

Thanks Mike, that could be an issue for Cameron then too, I didn't know that about Epsom salts.  I'm really curious to understand this deeper itching, it was really irritating for him last night, an itch you just can't scratch, and he says it always happens when he exercises strenuously.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print