Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I Feel Like I Won the Lottery! Dr. Afrin Responded to My Concerns (Read 1106 times)
Futurehope
Mentor

Clermont, Florida
I Feel Like I Won the Lottery! Dr. Afrin Responded to My Concerns
05/11/12 at 04:40:43

It is so exciting to have a doctor that "gets it" and has answers.

I posted about my out of range results from my first visit with Dr. Afrin on 4/30/12.  My chromogranin A was way out of range.

You all suggested I email him, and I did.

MUSC has a way of securing doctor's emails sent back.  I had to register my name and choose a password.  Then I could see his email.

He answered me in one hour!!!!!

He basically said not to fret.  He frequently sees elevated Chromogranin A in his MCAS patients. He thinks I've probably had this for a long time without knowing it.

What a relief.  I am so relieved that he answered my email so quickly.

I feel like I won the lottery!

IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Re: I Feel Like I Won the Lottery! Dr. Afrin Responded to My Concerns
Reply #1 - 05/11/12 at 05:02:53

Yeah for you! It's amazing isn't it? Here's this doctor who already has a full plate with his regular patients and he takes on many of us with the mast cell issues which just ADDS to his full plate AND he is so good about corresponding via email. I don't know how the man does it but I'm extremely grateful that he does.
I'm thrilled that you got a response from him and that hopefully his reply will eleviate some of your concerns.

IP Logged

Julie M.
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
DC Metro area
Re: I Feel Like I Won the Lottery! Dr. Afrin Responded to My Concerns
Reply #2 - 05/11/12 at 09:35:10

Good for you FH!  I'm so glad you sent the email and received a response that eased your mind.  Great news indeed!

I would only add that if you have additional questions (now or in the future) DON'T hesitate to email Dr. Afrin your questions.  I'm sure he would not want a patient fretting over something that he can easily respond to via email.  (Although he is obligated to use the MUSC secure email system once we become patients, you do not have to use it to send emails.)

Great job advocating for your needs!

Julie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print