Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My period is a real problem...does anyone know why? What can I do? (Read 13008 times)
kesasur
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: My period is a real problem...does anyone know why? What can I do?
Reply #15 - 11/19/13 at 03:56:22

I know I'm a year late here but since I'm new to the diagnosis I will say that for 15 YEARS I've been telling MDs "I know this is related to my hormones". When I went through 6 months w/o a menstrual cycle in my mid 20s I was the most reactive I've ever been. Of course no one knew what was happening, I was dx'd w/ PCOS, panic attacks, grew a bit of a moustache as my testosterone flew sky-high... oh my.

Now that I've been tracking my symptoms I find that at ovulation and around my period I need to use my inhaler and take more anti-histamine for a few days. I'm on a more easy trigger and foods become more of a problem  (the 12 foods I'm eating are even more limited).

I've been given some very good advice of YOU NEED TO LEARN TO REST. So I'm trying to do that.
Some of my reading has proven forth that YES hormones are a stressor/trigger and - wonder of wonders- it's NOT all in my head.

I can't even begin to describe how pregnancy was for me... that I'm still alive is amazing- literally.
Shocked

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Reply #16 - 11/21/13 at 06:48:03

kesasur wrote on 11/19/13 at 03:56:22:
Now that I've been tracking my symptoms I find that at ovulation and around my period I need to use my inhaler and take more anti-histamine for a few days. I'm on a more easy trigger and foods become more of a problem  (the 12 foods I'm eating are even more limited).

Sounds familiar Roll Eyes  When I saw Dr. Castells and Dr. Greenberger in Boston, both of them were like, "Oh yeah... symptoms can fluctuate with hormonal changes."

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

mountain girl
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #17 - 01/09/14 at 12:14:53

I remember reading a journal article that addressed this:

Oral and inhaled sodium cromoglicate in the management of systemic mastocytosis: a case report.
J Med Case Rep. 2010 Jun 26;4:193. doi: 10.1186/1752-1947-4-193.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20579383

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print