Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Red burning itchy skin (Read 3684 times)
Pat
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Red burning itchy skin
04/29/12 at 10:51:11

Hello, I have severe burning itchy red skin diagnoised with dilated capularies on a skin biopsy.  I have severe skin flushing all the time.  I have been tested for carcinoid and pheno which were all negative.  Drs. just do not know what to do with me and I am about to go insane..  I have mentioned masto to my drs. and they ignore me:(  I am at my wits end with all of this.  Any info on this would be really appreciated:)  ty..  Pat

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Re: Red burning itchy skin
Reply #1 - 04/29/12 at 10:55:01

That's so tough Pat.

It definitely sounds as though you need to be assessed by someone with knowledge of mast cell disease.

Where do you live? Have they checked a serum trytpase. I would try to find another doc, even an open minded family doc to get you through this

If you live close to one of the mast cell disease experts and can travel, seeing them would be ideal

IP Logged

Pat
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 04/29/12 at 12:36:57

Hi and ty for responding to me.  I live in Pennsylvania.  I am in between Philadelphia and Baltimore, Maryland.  Do you know of any drs. in my area that can diagnois or work with masto patients?  tyvm:)  Pat

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #3 - 04/29/12 at 18:05:10

I'd suggest going to see Dr. Akin or Dr. Castells in Boston at Brigham and Womens hospital, but first see if you can find an allergist/immunologist or hematologist in your area who has knowledge of mast cell disorders.  Teaching hospitals often will have someone who's treated patients with it before.

Joan

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #4 - 04/29/12 at 20:22:41

I agree with Joan!

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #5 - 04/30/12 at 02:18:11

Definitely follow Joan's advice. In the meantime, though, you can immediately try taking an allegra in the morning and see if that helps. If it helps a bit but not good enough, you can try an allegra in the morning and a zyrtec in the evening. I bet you will see a decrease in those symptoms!!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print