Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What toothpaste do you use? (Read 15874 times)
larken
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: What toothpaste do you use?
Reply #15 - 05/09/13 at 22:42:14

If you are sensitive to salicylates, be careful of sodium benzoates, which I see are in the toothpaste above.  They are close cousins and most sal-sensitive people react to them, as well.  Mint is also very high in sals.  But, we are all unique so it may work for you (just like strawberry toothpaste works for me, even though I react to eating whole strawberries!).

IP Logged

zippy890
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #16 - 05/18/13 at 08:21:33

Interesting thread.  I gave up toothpaste several years ago (and as was mentioned, I was wearing out the enamel on my teeth from baking soda as well).   Now, I just use water, and brush gently but well.   I then rinse with a brand of green tea that is good for me (i.e. doesn't trigger me for some reason), and that's it.   I also have a "clean" diet.

My teeth look awful.   My hair is brown, and my teeth match.   But my dentist says they are very healthy.   Gums too.   Most people in my area don't have many teeth anyway (lost to fist fights, or meth. abuse).   So me having all my teeth, but them being a funny color makes me not stand out so much.    Smiley

I guess that's not much help.

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Reply #17 - 10/14/14 at 07:20:14

I found toothpaste that is salicylate free!  From Cleure.com they also carry salicylate fee makeup and hair products!  Works great!  Grin

Pam

IP Logged

Futurehope
Mentor

Clermont, Florida
Reply #18 - 12/07/14 at 13:24:11

I wanted to update this thread to say that I no longer use Biotene mouthwash.  It burns me.

And my absolutely favorite toothpaste which I just began using is:

"Nature's Gate toothpaste, especially the anise flavor" which Starflower mentioned.  No sodium lauryl sulfate, and it does not burn me.  I love this toothpaste.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print