Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Masto TMEP - and living to tell about it (Read 1838 times)
PamB
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Masto TMEP - and living to tell about it
04/06/12 at 13:48:45

Hi All,
A few of the old timers might remember me and possibly Nurse Bruise.

For those who do not.

I was dx with masto TMEP in the early 90's. Shortly after that I was dx with Hepatitis C. I was in terrible condition for a few years back then. It took time but eventually the HCV was contained and the masto under control (or sort of under control).

Since then I have regained strength, went back to work at age 60 (still employed (I was hired because I was/am disabled by the diseases)), moved out on my own; bought a sailboat; and am getting ready to sail the Chesapeake Bay.

And I have a cat - Champagne de Margerie a Bouzy - Boo for short.

My shrink is getting me to get out of my shell, quite a shell it is, and meet new people. She says the shell was formed because I lost so many people I cared about, a couple of them had masto. Many others died from HCV. I dropped out shortly after one death occured that meant a lot to many of us.

Now I just need to find a new friend who is not completely covered in fur or referred to as a "furbutt".

I will be posting occasionally, but probably not very often.

Pam

or was that "Geez doc, I don't mind advertising - at least I did not beg this time"

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Re: Masto TMEP - and living to tell about it
Reply #1 - 04/06/12 at 13:58:47

Wow thanks for sharing your story of great courage and strength.

Are you on medications for your masto?

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #2 - 04/06/12 at 18:12:25

Wow, Pam, what a story!  Glad you were able to hang in there and get better, and I'm sure your sense of humor helped with that!  It's so hard to lose people you care about.

Have a great sailing trip....

Joan

IP Logged

PamB
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 04/07/12 at 23:29:59

Anaphylaxing wrote on 04/06/12 at 13:58:47:
Wow thanks for sharing your story of great courage and strength.

Are you on medications for your masto?

Currently my meds are daily dosings of Claritin, 3 to 10 per day; Singulair; Zantac/Ranitidine, 600mg to 900 mg per day. Of course I need my yearly Prednisone dose to keep my puffy self puffy and to reduce strange reaction symptoms. Epi is always around somewhere.

IP Logged

PJP123
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 04/08/12 at 12:31:00

Hi Pam,

I'm sorry for the loss of friendships you have endured.  I've lost several close friends to divorce and moving out of state.  It's not the same kind of loss, but it's hard to make new friends - especially when your're sick and don't feel like doing anything.

Sailing should bring you lots of new adventures and friends.  I've always loved boats. My husband and I have chartered sailboats in the British Virgin Islands and U.S. Virgin Is. 3 times over the years.  I love the feeling of adventure when your on a boat.  I can't take the head anymore so don't do those vacations anymore.

I like your name.  It's my name too.  Where you born in the late 50s early 60s?  No one names their kids Pam anymore.

Pam

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print