Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Matzos and butter (Read 4473 times)
PJP123
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Matzos and butter
04/04/12 at 13:57:16

I've been on a regiment of Zantac, Zyrtec, NasalCrom, Ketophen eye drops, Singulair, Flo-vent, Vitamin D everyday and stopped taking the Vyvanse XR (for ADHD).  I'm feeling well and found I can eat Matzos and butter with no ill effects.  Problem is, I'm gaining weight now that I'm stabilized on meds.  Anyone else put on weight?

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Re: Matzos and butter
Reply #1 - 04/04/12 at 15:56:01

Oh yeah, I weigh more now that I am so stable. Darn!!!! Being stable allows me to eat more things than I used to be able to eat.  That is not always to my advantage! I have always felt that I have a really low metabolism, so it such a battle for me to lose weight. I require lots of exercise and barely any eating to see any results, and that is not the easiest thing to do with IA/MCAS.

Very curious that you can eat Matzo! I learned many years ago, that I have to avoid all matzo products, except for just a little bit. It just goes to show how we are all so different from each other, although we all have some form of mast cell disease.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #2 - 04/04/12 at 18:26:31

I can eat Matzo, but also seem to have a low metabolism, have to exercise and be careful of what I eat so my clothes will still fit!  My thyroid is just right, so it's not that.  I do tend to lose weight in a flare.

So glad you're feeling better!

Joan

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #3 - 04/05/12 at 11:48:11

The steroids jacked up my weight fast so I don't know what's what

Barely eating but don't fit my clothes :S

Hope I will be able to rectify it once more stable and able to exercise

IP Logged

PJP123
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 04/05/12 at 17:47:25

@ Ana

My dad with Myastenia Gravis has been on steroids for years.  He really ballooned up from them.  He is always hungry he says.

I always had really good metabolism until now.  I'm feeling better with H1 and H2 meds but I guess between this and my age it was bound to happen.   I will take the added weight as long as I feel good!

Not to appear stupid but does Matzos have gluten?  Breads make me feel like hell so this fixes my bread cravings.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print