Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new update (Read 1116 times)
Keri
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

new update
04/03/12 at 01:21:31

Hello everyone, I have not posted for awhile but have checked in from time to time. I have had lots of tests, bone marrow, tryptase etc. Seems as if i have the all clear and no tumours etc. It was a bit scary going through it all but good to know I'm not in any real danger zone. My GP put me on a medication called serc (im in Australia and realise medication names are differnt) It is a histimine one and three blocker and I have found it quite helpful more so than zyrtec. I take Zantac twice daily, with pain meds due to deep bone pain and muscle pain in check but some days are terrible. What I find the most difficult to deal with is the sweat that I break out in and generally in the mornings and when moving about. I hate mornings as they are my most difficult, I am generally better by the end of the day. fatigue is another but is now not as bad as it was, I would  sleep for days on end. My worst time for fatique is during my periods and now realise thats when my masto is increased, started taking a  hormone pill to control bleeding (just prior and two days into cylce) and realised I felt better so i'm going to experiment and take a half dose everyday to see how i go. I'm having a bad time for the past two weeks off and on but am thankful I have not returned to the days when I was bed ridden for months and symptoms were over the top. I struggle everyday but somedays are great others are not so great. Since i started the serc i noticed a big change virtually no ringing in the ears, far less nauesa, no blurred vision, far less dizzy spells, less stomach pain and cramping. I have greater periods of being well enough to do odd handyman jobs around the house ( as I have no hubby) I am able to go out more and enjoy normal things but I do have to take really good care of myself, any change in tempreture can cause a reaction, going from a hot car to a shoping center with aircon or visa versa. Winter is also a bit of a struggle for me..in the summer by 2pm im in my room with the aircon on but at 25 degrees or i can be triggered by trying not to be triggered by the heat..here in OZ it's been pretty hot expecially where I live and house I live in. I have plans for the future to move, as my kids grow i will need to down size and find a home and area more kinder to my tempramental illness.
Ive really gotten a great deal out of all the information on this site..and it has helped my doctors as well. My neuro, first diagnosed me and i am his only patient with it, so he is learning along with me. One month before i saw him he read a medical book about Mast cell and as i shared my story with him he remembered what he read. I am thankful I have a good GP cause she was the one who thought to give me the serc..Any suggestions for me are greatfully received.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print