Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Peanut butter (Read 9723 times)
Mousse
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Georgia
Peanut butter
03/28/12 at 12:52:50

Can anyone tolerate it? I am afraid to try it but I need to add a different protein source.

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Peanut butter
Reply #1 - 03/28/12 at 20:28:14

I eat peanut butter occasionally, but prefer almond butter.  I had a problem once when I ate the last PB from the bottom of a jar.  I think it could have been too much niacin that caused the flushing, but I don't know for sure.  I've eaten it since with no problems.  Be sure to check the ingredients for additives, and keeping it refrigerated wil keep mold at minimum.

Joan

IP Logged

ruth
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 03/28/12 at 21:46:14

We also use cashew butter, it is  lower in natural chemicals.

IP Logged

Mousse
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Georgia
Reply #3 - 03/29/12 at 07:00:40

I have tried almond butter and macadamia nut but didn't have good luck. I was oping it was a tree nut thing and I could maybe tolerate peanut butter. I haven't tried it for years. Thanks for replying. Cindy

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #4 - 03/29/12 at 09:20:03

I can eat it just fine, however if I eat a pb and jelly sandwich, I will flare a bit. I can eat pb candy, ice cream, and just plain on a spoon. Somehow that combo of pb and j on a sandwich bothers me, though

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #5 - 03/29/12 at 09:36:15

When healthy I ate it fine and LOVED it!

with all this testing found i'm allergic to hazelnuts, so can't find a hazelnut free butter

MMMMM peanut butter and chocolate used to be my absolute FAVOURITE

IP Logged

iamnotalone
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - 04/04/12 at 05:53:13

Ana;
Are there hazelnuts in Peanut butter? I dont remember if I mentioned in other posts- I LOVE my hazelnut coffee, & mix it with reg. Now, I wonder if my meds. conceal/lessen reactions to certain things in my diet...?   Undecided
Anyway, if you have any produce/whole food type stores near you, they often have their own homeade nut butters. Some even have samples, so you could try before buying...  Huh
Good luck ana- I know it's so hard to give up those little pleasures, somedays I'd kill for a pickle !!! Cheesy
lori

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #7 - 04/04/12 at 09:04:00

Hi Lori!

I haven't been able to find any tree nut free peanut butter, do let me know if you do. Though, my diet is so limited and nuts are such a classic allergen, I don't know if I'll ever re-add them.

I used to LOVee hazelnut creamer too and consumed many hazelnut containing products with no issues, but my IgE came back sky high so was told to stop. Sad  Just an extra limitation on top of limitations. I know you understand

IP Logged

goldielove
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - 04/04/12 at 11:45:21

I eat the natural almond butter u can buy it all over now I love it much more then peanut butter it tastes so much better I put it in my smoothie each morning with a bunch of fruit and ice and rice milk its yummy and it keeps me going all day oh I also add about one tablespoon of vanilla protein powder

IP Logged

larken
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - 06/09/12 at 06:45:06

I can eat a little peanut butter or cashew butter, as well as sunflower butter (available from Whole Foods and Trader Joe's if you're in the US; Whole Foods also in London).  If I eat too much or I have too many other triggers going on in a given day, I will get a lot of stomach pain for 24 hours from the peanut butter.

Though, one thing that I have found helpful--particularly with peanut butter and other nuts for some reason--is taking digestive enzymes.

IP Logged

vicmjones
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #10 - 08/19/12 at 14:29:26

I can eat peanut butter, but not almond butter. I have to have my own jar of PB as my family will double dip when making sandwiches and then I get a reaction to the TINY crumbs of gluten.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print