Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
vitimans and food sugesstions?? (Read 6008 times)
Kupcakemastogirl
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!
Glenmont Jobcorps
vitimans and food sugesstions??
02/05/12 at 05:23:03

i need some help finding the right diet for me. im alsways getting an upper respitory infection sinus infections and ear infections. im always getting allergic reactions and me and my mom cant figure  out why. or what i should take to help me from getting sick all the time. we also  think certian foods can trigger it but we arent sure what ones any sugestions?

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Re: vitimans and food sugesstions??
Reply #1 - 02/05/12 at 16:32:07

I can tell you what I'm trying

I'm doing an elimination/rotation diet of sorts, cutting down to 3 foods (with no preservatives/additives) initially...eating small amounts SLooowly and watching how I react. All foods make me flush so I watch for other things. Then when I have a stableish time I try adding a new food and see how it goes.

It's been really long, drawn own and a lot of cooking/grocery shopping but I feel safer knowing I'm assessing each food one at a time.  Problem is even the severity of my flushing with the same food changes day to day so it's quite unpredictable

I cut down to sweet potato and organic beef, but everyone is different as far as what's safe for them.

I tried to pick foods from the low histamine list.

I still flush with everything and the hope is that it is due to my generalized state of reactivity and will improve with time

it can be so confusing

hang in there and good luck

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #2 - 02/05/12 at 18:22:23

Hi Kupcake,

I posted a link to the Low Histamine Diet where you posted before.  It might help you figure out some things that trigger you.

Joan

IP Logged

Mousse
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Georgia
Reply #3 - 02/06/12 at 10:39:23

When I was having ear problems the Dr. I saw said to give up dairy. It got rid of  my ear issues. It might be worth a try for a week or two. Hope you are having some luck finding some of your triggers. Cindy

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #4 - 02/08/12 at 19:12:33

Try cutting out dairy, that was the source of my chronic ear and sinus infections and congestion. If I eat dairy now I start smelling smoke. Weird huh? I definitely start with no dairy.
Melissa

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #5 - 02/09/12 at 09:38:16

Melissa that is SO bizarre! Isn't this illness crazy!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print