Send Topic Print
Xyzal (Read 2487 times)
Mousse
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Georgia
Xyzal
02/01/12 at 10:47:01

Can anyone tell me their experience with Xyzal? I just got a Rx for it but haven't taken it yet. Thanks, Cindy

IP Logged

Sunny
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Xyzal
Reply #1 - 02/02/12 at 03:07:18

I took Xyzal when I was  initially diagnosed with TMEP.  I immediately had bad dreams and nightmares.  I switched to Zyrtec (a lot less expensive and available as a generic).  But that was just me - meds affect all of us differently.  Hope you find something that works for you.

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #2 - 02/02/12 at 17:59:29

Hi Cindy, I tried xyzal and I fell it didn't help me. I tried it right before my TMEP diagnoses and my derm wanted me to stop Zyrtec and try it instead. After a few days my hives actually got worse so I stopped and went back to Zyrtec. I don't understand why xyzal is so expensive considering it's basically a cousin of Zyrtec. Did you try Zyrtec yet? You can take up to 30mg of Zyrtec a day. At least that's what my doctor told me. Sometimes I take 20 to 30. Xyzal might work good for you. We are all different.
Melissa

IP Logged

jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 02/05/12 at 06:26:39

Now my doc called Xyzal the "Son of Zyrtec" (as opposed to the cousin ;< ).

Both of these drugs gave me bizarre dreams and made me depressed.  Allegra makes my arms go numb, so by default, I am the Queen of Loratidine!

I am just a lightweight when it comes to any kind of med.

IP Logged

TinCanOnAString
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 02/06/12 at 04:33:24

Hey Mousse,
My doctor put me on the generic for Xyzal last year. I didn't have any bad reactions like nightmares or depression, and I noticed it helped a little (read: very little) with my itching. After about a month, I had to stop taking them because starting them coincided with the onset of another sympton. I stopped to see if the new sympton would go away (it didn't). As soon as I stopped, it seemed that I started firing everywhere all at once. For two days I itched unbearably. It eventually subsided and I never went back on it. I was just prescribed something else (need to look it up), but it's working about the same. Not sure if any of that helps, but there you go.
Zac

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print