Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MCAD are you born with it? (Read 2971 times)
PJP123
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

MCAD are you born with it?
01/16/12 at 06:14:38

Are you born with mast cell disease or do you get sick?  

I feel like it's a slow simmering thing you're born with.

IP Logged

iamnotalone
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: MCAD are you born with it?
Reply #1 - 01/16/12 at 06:22:59

Pjp;
Im 99.999% sure I read on here that a recent study concludeed it's genetic. Often times it's "brought out" by physical traumatic events.
Not certain, but think it was in the research section. I will try to find it
again n letcha know. Meanwhile, (again) there are others waaay more informed than I, & am sure they can add info.
lori

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #2 - 01/16/12 at 06:37:50

Hey PJ,

According to Dr. Gerhard Molderings of Germany and other genetic researchers, this is a genetic disease.  That includes MCAS.   What triggers it they donīt know and somehow our own DNA is involved in this too and this is why not one patient is alike.   But they do know itīs genetic which is why you canīt "catch"  it nor can you cause it.   Youīve got to inherit the genetic defect and from that point on only God knows for sure so far.  

So, you didnīt do anything to cause it, it was there when you were born, so you are right, itīs been a slow train coming.    

Now, could you have prevented it or made it worse?   Donīt bother torturing yourself with such really pointless questions for at this point in time they have yet to find the genome for this defect and until they can they canīt trace what causes might be involved and that may take YEARS to find out.   So, donīt get feeling guilty or upset over it.  It will avail to nothing at this time.   Once they can understand it, then they can tell us how to prevent it and the such, so, really, donīt worry about it, itīs not worth the time or energy.

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

PJP123
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 01/17/12 at 05:04:23

Thanks for the answer.

IP Logged

peter
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 01/17/12 at 17:28:48

good ? pjp123 clonal mast cells are inherted

but not the bone marrow mast cell didease

that is coused by sumthing

if any one knows what coused there [ disease]
then we can help the kids pervent it from happerning
we all know we have had sumthing for years

WHAT MADE IT GO BAD ????
for me VENOM and menural labour

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #5 - 01/19/12 at 09:53:30

I believe that I was born with it, and it remained dormant until I was 29 yrs old. I really think that a series of things triggered it out in me unfortunately. For me it was probably mainly stress, as I was always a very shy, nervous, overly caring person. My dad started having heart issues and had an aortic aneurism that finally needed surgery. I would say that that was the last straw in triggering it out. I also notices weird flares when I started college. Basically anything that made me overly nervous or overly emotional probably helped pop it out.  Of course, now I am such a different gal! Calm, not shy, not nervous. Too bad I couldn't have been that way in the first part of my life; maybe my IA would still be dormant!

Oh well, though, positive things always result from hardships. I became such a strong person having to deal with this, and I would never have created this forum otherwise!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #6 - 01/19/12 at 13:17:16

I agree with everyone

I think I had the predisposition as I have other family members with similar things, but  I think CT contrast triggered the severity of it for me

Wish I had never had it I tell ya! Cool

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Reply #7 - 01/19/12 at 13:29:35

Looking back, even before the anaphylaxis I had a lot of "food poisoning" and "colds" that were probably just my immune system overreacting!  I had a bunch of symptoms that I thought were just "normal for me" until I started taking mast cell medications.  My full-blown disorder was brought out of hiding by a decade of chronic stress, three pregnancies in four years, and having a sociopath for a boss.  Other potential factors... not enough vitamin D and moving to a different part of the country where the pollen count is CRAZY.  I've heard that the allergists in southern Indiana are very busy.

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #8 - 01/20/12 at 04:49:36

I'm glad we are having this conversation. Looking back as a teenager I had problems with flushing and not tolerating opiates. Then in my twenties I had muscle fatigue in my arms. Maybe separate issues I don't know. For me when my masto came out was my first pregnancy, 6weeks before I gave birth my grandfather died who was like a father to me, then 2 weeks before I delievered I got the worse intestinal flu I have ever had. The day my daughter was born my grandma had a heart attack and after that she all of a sudden developed dementia.Then 3 months after giving birth I had thyroid surgery to remove goiters. At the time I think I handled it all well but looking back........ That was too much for my body. Two years later I had another baby and my body said that's it! That's when things got worse. So yeah I agree with the slow brewing theory. Each year a little more symptoms and then bam!
Melissa

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print