Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi .... (Read 1873 times)
MGC
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Hi ....
01/11/12 at 08:44:31

Hi. I'm Gail. Some of you might remember from the Lefora site. I have H. POTS and a baseline Tryptase of 35.0. I was trying to post a link for a new member with Mitral Valve Prolapse (me too), but was told I could not until I posted at least once... so here it is!

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Re: Hi ....
Reply #1 - 01/11/12 at 18:09:28

Welcome Gail! Cool

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #2 - 01/11/12 at 18:11:14

Gail was your MVP diagnosed on routine echo or did you have to have a transesophageal echo

My mum had supposed mitral stenosis and a valve replacement. Usually stenosis is post rheumatic fever and has a different presentation than MVP, regurg etc but with all of my siblings with hypermobility it just makes me wonder if she was an atypical MVP.  Her MS was missed on routine echo and only caught on TEE Cool

IP Logged

MGC
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 01/11/12 at 18:27:01

Hi Ana. Fancy seeing you here! My MVP was caught with a routine Echo. However, the Dr who diagnosed me was of the old school. He knew before he even sent me for an Echo because of the classic click-murmur sound, he said. The man had a great set of ears!

Gail

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #4 - 01/12/12 at 13:30:35

Yes Gail, looks like I'm stalking you!

Thanks for sharing! Way to go on the part of your doctor! The mid systolic click! I keep checking for it on me. I have a split S2 which is normal but sometimes I wonder if I just don't know better and it's a mid systolic click

DO you get any symptoms from it

Anyway my echo's been normal!

Thanks for sharing

Ana

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print