Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thank God we have each other! (Read 5437 times)
iamnotalone
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Thank God we have each other!
01/08/12 at 11:18:02

It's Me Again!
I am SO glad for this forum!!! Only WE can understand what we go through.
Someone very close to me (who only works 45 minutes a day) said;
"you're so lucky, you don't have to go to work..."
OUCH. I actually started crying, while answering that I'd give ANYTHING to go back to "normal"- because Who's gonna hire me now, and keep me- now that I never know when I'm gonna flare/be sick/covered in spots?
I keep waiting to be stable ENOUGH to try to get a job somewhere. I hate feeling so useless and not earning my own way after working for 33 years...  That really hurt and I know many of you get that too, so just had to get it off my chest. So glad to have a place to go where people Do "get it".

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Thank God we have each other!
Reply #1 - 01/08/12 at 19:59:25

I get it, but you're right.  People who haven't been "through the looking glass" can't completely understand.  Sorry that happened to you.  Stabilizing takes time, but keep at it, keep asking for changes in your meds if what you're taking doesn't work.  Be nice to yourself!

Hope you feel better soon!

Joan

IP Logged

jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 01/16/12 at 11:48:51

Some people say stuff that is, like, WHAT??????

Courage my friend, courage.  Just get yourself calmed down again.  You will get back to some normalcy and you will get your life in order once again.  Everytime I flare up I get all down.  Just part of living with this mess.  But, over time, you learn it's cyclical and the good days will roll around once again.

Chin up, o.k.?  You will get through this and come out on the other side as a more kind, understanding person... and things at work won't upset you as much as they used to when you get back there.

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #3 - 01/17/12 at 09:22:11

I hear ya. It is SO hard. I am so sensitive to what people say and I really feel more sensitive since being sick. I used to be able to brush things off.

I think the people closest to us sometimes lash out as part of their frustration with our illness; they feel helpless too, but ya it hurts.

Embarrassed
But jbean is right, things will get better and we will get stronger.

I miss work too, but I try to focus on the things I don't miss about work Wink and hope that someday  I'll go back

IP Logged

eag722
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 01/21/12 at 03:18:30

I just want to thank you all for this forum. I have learned so much and you guys have truly changed my life for the better. I am so much better than I was a year ago = before I started on the Low histamine diet. Not to say my systemic masto is gone...haha, but better controlled. I was recently told by a close friend that maybe if I tried to be more positive I could get better... Grin. Well, I have to tell you that I am of the crowd that works at "fake it till you make it" when I am having a bad day and my bucket has overflowed. Just because I am more withdrawn and not smiling as much in conversation doesn't mean I am not positive in my thoughts...the exact opposite as I am making the best of what I have been given in life. We here all know what we must endure and I am never sure how my "overflow" will effect me when it spills...anything from the terrible brain fog where I can barley think straight to the awful bone pain or quick runs to the bathroom. This group has taught me so much, especially that I am more than just a disease and there are people out there who understand. Just had to vent about the "positive"  Kissand get it off my chest. Kiss

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #5 - 01/21/12 at 05:28:12

I know that we ALL rejoice with you for your positive venting!!   May there be TONS MORE like your to join you!!!!!!!

Cheesy

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print