Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
List of supplements that affect Mast Cells at the end of an article... (Read 5081 times)
phyre
Tutor

Keep believing it can
get better.
Denver, CO
List of supplements that affect Mast Cells at the end of an article...
01/02/12 at 16:12:02

The Dr. who wrote this sent me this link that explains the role of Mast Cells in different types of cancer.  Sometimes tumor growth is inhibited by mast cells, sometimes it is not.  At the end is a list of supplements that can affect mast cells.  
http://www.naturalmedicinejournal.com/article_content.asp?article=81

IP Logged

ruth
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: List of supplements that affect Mast Cells at the end of an article...
Reply #1 - 01/02/12 at 21:22:16

Thanks for the article pyre,  very interesting, I wish I had the medical understanding to know what to do with it. It still leaves many unanswered questions as to what to do with it, but so good to know the level of research going on and the progress being made in understanding. It also strengthens  my determination to get a diagnosis for my son, the implications of understanding and fine-tuning medications appropriately is so important when you look at findings like this.

Ruth

IP Logged

phyre
Tutor

Keep believing it can
get better.
Denver, CO
Reply #2 - 01/03/12 at 14:35:44

I have to admit that I had to look up many of the words myself.  

I think it is just as important to know what supplements can turn off abnormally active mast cells as it is to learn what the triggers are.  

I also found the role that mast cells have in cancer is interesting because I always thought thay they fed cancer.  I did not know that they can have the reverse role for some cancers.  

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #3 - 01/03/12 at 16:55:02

It appears that the evidence is still contradictory, and since we can't predict which cancer we might get, how can we know what will help or hinder it?  Such a complicated subject!  And, is there a difference if the mast cells or normal or if they have genetic defects?  Maybe we'll find out someday!

Joan

IP Logged

phyre
Tutor

Keep believing it can
get better.
Denver, CO
Reply #4 - 01/05/12 at 18:27:11

I consider this more of a "Know you enemy's strengths and weaknesses" article.  I have no desire to predict anything like this in my future.  In fact, I hope to reduce my symptoms.  I am so tired of these medications...I'll let you know if it works out.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print