Send Topic Print
Honey ??? (Read 4704 times)
iamnotalone
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Honey ???
01/01/12 at 12:52:43

Ladies;
You all covered the chocolate issue well! Its like they say:"on the days our bucket is getting too full..." Somedays I really get a hankering for chocolate or some other forbidden fruit, but I only give in if my bucket can take it. Cheesy
Has anyone looked in to Honey? I see Lisa says the propolis from it was a trigger for her already battered throat  Cry
Ive been fighting a sore throat and putting my favorite Lemon whipped honey from a local apiary in my tea... Bad Idea? Sad
Guess I'll keep gargling w/warm saltwater just to be safe.
lets hope the new year brings new hope to us ! Smiley

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Honey ???
Reply #1 - 01/01/12 at 18:17:45

When it comes to food triggers, we may have similarities, but we're also very different.  I've never had any problems with eating honey, but it appears that's not true for everyone.  As with anything else, it can't hurt to s tart with tiny quantities to be sure there isn't a huge reaction from trying something new.

Joan

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #2 - 01/02/12 at 05:02:22

Agreed  Joan!!    It may have natural abilities to degranulate MCs, but they may not be major.   That spray also had 30% alcohol, another well known natural MC degranulator.    My doctor thinks it was more the alcohol than the propolis!!!

In this case, itīs a matter of going slow for it may not be the issue for you that it was for me.   Iīm super sensitive to things, and have a history of reacting to things nobody else reacts to so even though this surprised, me, on the other hand it did not.  

Again, I can eat tons of foods most of you canīt.    GO FIGURE!!!

Again, there is no figuring out this wacky disease, itīs a hit and miss situation for us!!     So, just cause I reacted doesnīt mean you will.  Just proceed with CAUTION!!!

Hugs!

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 01/02/12 at 06:02:32

I also can eat almost anything without problems...mostly I get in trouble with heat and stress...go figure...how do you live without stress.
redbird

IP Logged

jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 01/16/12 at 11:43:15

My crazy sore throat cure is a bag of vinegar and salt Kettle chips and a Squirt.  Sounds harsh to burn off the crud like that but it works for me!

BTW, I actually hate vinegar and salt chips.  Maybe they make me sick to my stomach so I don't notice my sore throat so much!

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #5 - 01/16/12 at 12:02:31

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

iamnotalone
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - 01/16/12 at 16:26:11

So far, no reaction to the Honey, but...
Cant stop chuckling !!! Grin
You guys are a hoot! We are SO lucky to have each other!
Please forgive me if I dont try your vinegar chips n squirt tho! Huh
Lisa-Im so glad you can laugh about anything to do with "sore" throats now sweetie  Smiley
lori

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #7 - 01/19/12 at 07:34:38

Ok so honey, sometimes i can do honey and other times no. But honey gives my heartburn if you can believe that. Sore throat huh, THis is gross but GSE (grapeseed extract) with water gargled in the back of my throat helps get ride of the pain. BUt but carefule it is some powerful stuff. But it got rid of a gum infection for me. I swear by it. BUt you seem to be triggered by so much these days I hate to recommend anything Ana.

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Reply #8 - 02/11/12 at 12:40:55

FyI...Honey is high in Salicylates.  I have read that many others have isssues with salicylates.
Pam Smiley

Pam

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #9 - 02/11/12 at 13:38:31

Thanks for sharing Pam

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1