Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
This is going to sound completely backward, but (Read 3956 times)
phyre
Tutor

Keep believing it can
get better.
Denver, CO
This is going to sound completely backward, but
12/12/11 at 09:42:30

When I exercise alot, I get better.  We are all different, and I know this does not work for most people here, but the rashes stop and my reactions are less severe when I do this.  (This did not work for me when I had a full blown masto rash though.)

There are some exercises that make me worse, like if there is alot of compression it can trigger a migraine.  I don't run.  Pushing to go really hard can cause a reaction, but this summer I rode my bike over 2,000 miles.  Sometimes I rode up to 80 miles in a day.  And the heat does not hurt me.  The more I sweat the better.  I am doing hot yoga since it is winter.  Hot yoga is between 1 and 1.5 hours in a studio that is +100 degrees.  Yoga is the most boring excersize IMO.  Biking is the most fun.  (Got the epi just in case.)

I am usually the first person in the room to feel cold.  In the winter, I really bundle up.  In the summer, I don't really get too hot like everyone else.

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: This is going to sound completely backward, but
Reply #1 - 12/15/11 at 04:20:08

You're really lucky!  I have a lot of trouble with heat, but mainly when I'm flaring.  

Exercise does make me feel better.  For me, I think it's being out in nature and lowering the stress level that helps the most.

Joan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print