Send Topic Print
White Dermographism? (Read 1948 times)
ColleenPlus2
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

White Dermographism?
12/07/11 at 05:53:37

does anyone have white dermographism?

i showed my GP photos of my facial/chest flushing, and the pretty pictures i can draw on my skin - but i don't get increased redness with hives after the pressure - i get white marks that fade quickly. but they take long enough to fade that i can write a letter or draw a happy face to make my kid laugh. i get this on my arms also.

i know that white dermographism is only discussed in associated with atopic dermatitis - so i wonder if that rules out the MCAS/Masto concern I have been wondering about.

i just did a tryptase test yesterday so i guess we'll know if masto is an issue by next week?

wondered if anyone else has this form of dermagraphism with a diagnosed form of mast cell disease...

IP Logged

ruth
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: White Dermographism?
Reply #1 - 12/07/11 at 18:07:40

Hi Colleen, I posted a question about this in the parents folder but didn't get any response. My son now flares white instead of red on his face, but on the rest of his body still red, and my daughter also. My son is undiagnosed although MCAD looks very likely. My daughter not so sure, although she does have a likely bees sting allergy. I haven't been able to find out anything about it. I will be interested to see if there is any explanation or relevance in it. The dermatologist who called it this had no explanation for us.

Ruth

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Re: White Dermographism?
Reply #2 - 12/08/11 at 19:47:47

I get red and white dermatographism depending on the day,

I'm a ? MCAD

more about my story here if you need:

http://mastcelladrenalinsufficiencypots.blogspot.com/