Send Topic Print
Wanting to smile (Read 781 times)
Mousse
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Georgia
Wanting to smile
12/02/11 at 07:46:39

After reading my intro post I realized how much of  my personality this disease has taken away. I am so intent on finding answers or help of some sort that I have forgotten who I am. Most of you haven't. When I read some of your posts I can feel who you are,  at least at that moment when you are writing it. I want to be able to let you know who I am too. I don't want to let this define me. I hope I am able to let some of who I am inside through. I am grateful to have found somewhere  to hear the voices of others who know what you're going through and are still here with their personality not defined by a disease. You know what I miss most - Smiling. I use to do it so much more than I do now.

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Wanting to smile
Reply #1 - 12/02/11 at 13:47:48

Hi Mousse, welcome to our home!!

Thank you for the lovely complement!  Itīs nice to hear!  

Mousse, you havenīt lost yourself, not yet sweety.   Youīre just sick and like any wounded animal, youīre going to retreat into yourself trying to protect yourself for you are hurting.   We ALL know exactly what itīs like to be in that very spot of yours. Trust me!

Mousse, we each have our strengths and weaknesses, but when we start our journeys seeking for answers to our health problem we are all the very same as you are feeling now - frightened to death, sick as dogs, and totally miserable!  Let's not forget igonorant as all get out!   Yet, slowly the answers come and the reassurance returns with them because with the answers comes treatment and then relief and slowly but surely you begin to understand and deal with your sickness.

So, don't dispair, you'll find your way back down the yellow brick road and you'll see that it's more rosey than you thought!

If there is one thing I've learned, it's how damaging ignorance is!  I'm an educator and I fully believe in the liberation that learning gives.  The more I've studied, the more I've understood my body, the more control I regain and the more confidence as well.  With all of this the fears diminish!  

Masto, and any disease, will indeed rob you of a lot, but only if you really allow it to.  Besides, it's really an exchange, you gain a great deal with it too!   I'm must more understanding of people with chronic health problems now and am able to consider myself much less than before.  I've also gained so very much personally in that I've seen what a strong and even intelligent woman I am.  I've gained so much in self-confidence that I almost don't recognize myself, but it's not an arrogant kind of self-confidence but more like a self-realization, which is much healthier!  The victories outweight the defeats, the gains overtake the losses!

Masto will rob you, but only if you allow it to.  Any disease will rob you, but again, only if you allow it to.  Your body is what is dying, but not your spirit!   Smiley

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print