Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Apple Cider Vinegar (Read 11268 times)
nikweth
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Apple Cider Vinegar
11/28/11 at 09:17:15

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience/opinion on ACV? There are so many posted health benefits that I'm interested in trying it. I just wondered if anyone else has tried and what your experience has been.

IP Logged

iamnotalone
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar
Reply #1 - 11/29/11 at 04:27:17

Mike;
Id be very careful about apple cider vinegar.
Cider is on the restricted diet, along with most Fermented/pickled foods & dressings. Its like red wine,chocolate,etc; good for other people, but not for us. It's hard enough giving up things we enjoyed eating/drinking
let alone things that have prooven health benefits. It seems so contradictory that our bodies reject these things- but they do. Sad
lori

IP Logged

mikev
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
st louis, mo
Reply #2 - 11/30/11 at 04:05:51

Mike:
I like Lori haven't tried the vinegar. I tried things like drinking epsom salt & other home remedies, nothing worked & with it being formented may work one day then give you trouble the next. That's the problem with mine, just when I think I got a food that causes problems with
multiple cases I'll try again with no reaction. Lori  also does the same thing I do, when I hear the words "this will help or is good for your immune system" my antenaes go up & I avoid. I had a chest cold my wife said drink some orange juice & try some chicken soup-both have caused me bad issues in the past. The problem this time they may have worked but the multiple bad reactions leave real permanent memories.
MikeV

IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 11/30/11 at 16:42:16

Oh my gosh Mikey!! I was laaammmee enough to try this! Before I knew about masto!!! I couldn't figure out why it did the exact opposite for me as everyone else. I kept trying, and trying and was getting sicker and sicker, the heartburn and other symptomes were horrible, I was actually crashing too but didn't know it,  yeah vinegar is a high histamine food and the acv is literally a mold or should I say fermented? I dunno but I put myself through heck and kept on trying figuring It'll work soon....... that stuff hurt hurt hurt!! That's my two cents! It also breaks my mouth out, but dummy me tried anyway!

IP Logged

mikev
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
st louis, mo
Reply #4 - 12/01/11 at 06:02:32

Sandi:
I did something similar before I knew I had masto. Epsom baths are supposed to be so good for you. I kept trying them, each time my skin pain would be worst, but I kept trying. Suddenly it struck me that the salt must be drying my skin which was what made the pain worst, so I stopped & started using lotion after a bath & was better. We are a strange lot aren't we.
MikeV

IP Logged

iamnotalone
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 12/01/11 at 07:21:30

LOL !!!
I can Top the tree of "stupid" things we've done:
When I got an EXTREME case of hives And scabies (still bitter about that, but workin on it) I got in the jet tub with Epsom salts, aaannnd- wait for it-
CAYENNE PEPPER !!! I thought it would help the "red dots left from the scabies", and the itching; DUHHHHH ! It made the suds turn red and I couldnt stop sneezing Embarrassed  I didnt tell my allergist that one.
This was shortly before being diagnosed w/TMEP, n the derm at first said the spots were "debris left by the scabies mites".
So: I win the stupid trophy ! Along with that dermatologist.
Hope I made ya laugh, Grin Grin
lori

IP Logged

mikev
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
st louis, mo
Reply #6 - 12/01/11 at 10:32:26

Lori:
Can't quite top that, but when I was searching my foot doc as that were it all started had my toe joint replaced & with my skin sensitivity the pain was almost unbearable. He had to give me a nerve block the
2nd day as I was taking oxy tablets 1 every hour till my stomach revolted. Then after that didin't work he told me to put the arthrisis
relieve rub capzasin on my feet. If you've ever tried I think it's made with chili peppers. The pain was amazing almost had to have another nerve block. Needless to say I moved on in my search to new docs from there. I'm sure we all have funny stories when we were searching for answers & willing to try anything.
MikeV

IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - 12/08/11 at 16:59:11

Ok you two I'm glad I am not alone Smiley   The frustration and willingness to try something for relief sometimes our guard goes down for a moment, or should I say senses!

IP Logged

phyre
Tutor

Keep believing it can
get better.
Denver, CO
Reply #8 - 12/10/11 at 13:01:29

Acv has a lot of benefits. I can't have it because i am allergic to sulfites.  I would not start anything in large doses and take it everyday. Maybe just add it to your lunch salad by the drop. It has lots of digestive enzymes.

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #9 - 12/12/11 at 10:21:48

Oh boy! The capsain rub. That was an awful experience for me. This was a couple of years ago but the pain in my hand was so bad and I was willing to try anything......tried that capsain cream and a couple of hours later the intense heat was torture! Just awful! As far as ACV....... I too tried that and it burned like an s.o.b. going down my throat and then my stomach felt like it was on fire. Glad I wasn't the only one. Lol!
Melissa

IP Logged

zippy890
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #10 - 12/16/11 at 14:45:29

When I was younger (before MCAD), I got a really bad case of chiggers on a passionate part of my body.    I was about to go insane so I decided to rub DeepHeating ointment on the chiggers to kill them out.
That was a very bad idea.   But I did discover I have a talent for modern dance.    Smiley

Post MCAD:   I once drank a half gallon of kefir, AND a quart of kombucha in a single day.    That kinda hurt.   Cry

Todd in Tenn.

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #11 - 12/16/11 at 16:11:54

Sorry, but I just had a big laugh at your bad experiences! Grin Grin Grin

Joan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print