Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Lots of questions! (Read 13769 times)
PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Re: Lots of questions!
Reply #15 - 11/11/13 at 14:06:20

How did he rule out vocal cord dysfunction? Did he scope you?  I have been scoped twice to have my vocal cords looked at.  Your muscle issue is it Ehlers-Danlos syndrom?  That is seen a lot in people with Mast cell issues.  Here is a link.  http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ehlers-danlos-syndrome/DS00706  

So did he think the tightness in your throat is anaphylaxis??

Pam

IP Logged

donnarenee0529
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #16 - 11/14/13 at 10:20:40

Yes, I am officially diagnosed with IA until something happens and they run more tests. He doesn't want to put me in any stress so he is waiting until I have an attack naturally before anymore tests are ran.

He ruled out vocal chord dysfunction with a breathing and singing test since I was already having issues breathing at the time. Plus he said that voacl chord dysfunction is something you usually have all of your life and it very rarely emerges late in life. He said that since I can sing a long note, and hold it, I do not have voal chord dysfunction....I'm not arguing, because I don't think it is that since the only time I have issues with talking is when I can already feel the sides of my throat touching.

I'll check out the link....he didn't really say what he thought, just that with the fact that I've had so many operations to correct connective tissue problems, he thought I could have a pulmonary disorder. Not sure if immunlogists treat that???

Donna

IP Logged

donnarenee0529
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #17 - 11/14/13 at 10:30:35

Something to definately talk to him about...I have the stretchy skin, I bruise easily and scar easily.....but I had lots of problems with my uterus prior to my hystorectomy. I had three miscarraiges and two tubal pregnancies (one of which I had four ultrasounds prior to the rupture). That was all after I had three surgeries to attempt to straighten my uterus so that I could even have a normal period......

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #18 - 11/17/13 at 16:37:21

The redness on exposed skin could be from the sun.  My skin turns red from it.  Of course, it could also be from pollen or mold or dust in the air, too.

Joan

IP Logged

RobbyC
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #19 - 01/10/14 at 03:23:17

Hi Donna,

I don't know if this is helpful but my reactions ALWAYS start on my exposed upper body. Is it just redness or is it flushing which is an indicator of anaphylaxis??

Rob

IP Logged

mountain girl
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #20 - 01/10/14 at 14:10:54

donnarenee,

Have you ever been tested for Ehlers–Danlos syndrome (EDS)? I have heard of many mast cell patients who also have EDS. Several of your comments caught my attention as they are symptoms of EDS.  It is so hard to figure this all out! Glad to hear you found an immunologist that you believe in.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print