Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Perfumes and other "fumes" (Read 3535 times)
iamnotalone
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Perfumes and other "fumes"
10/11/11 at 16:16:20

Hey all;
Ive been reading quite a few comments on perfume's ill effects on us, and other noxious odors as well. When my son was born, he was a preemie. I had no problem asking family/friends to smoke outside, and wash their hands; even put a sign on the front door. Over the years, we grew lax about it, til we moved into a new home. We reinstated the rule and people obliged outve respect for us.  In the winter, theres always the garage or basement if they must smoke... Now perfumes, I just pull my shirt up over my nose & they get the hint. Also was in an allergist's once who had a sign up that asked people not to wear perfumes outve consideration for patients. Keep forgetting to suggest it to my allergist,His nurse damn near knocked me out once from hers; but one of these days... Funny tho, if Im out in an open area, cigarette smoke makes me a bit wistful. Then I just take a drag of my Pro Air  Cheesy
I just realized- I havent worn perfume since I first started getting the hives , etc... dont seem to miss it. Huh
Put your signs up n people who love you will comply; those who dont would be lousy company anyway !!!  Tongue
lori

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print