Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
aspirin therapy (Read 2060 times)
kathie375
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

aspirin therapy
09/21/11 at 17:54:42

Is anyone on the aspirin therapy and if so how many aspirin are you taking. A woman who came to our support group meeting is on it, Dr. Castell put her on it and it has helped her very much. My hemotologist is against it but years ago when I saw Dr. Butterfield he suggested I try it. Any ideas? Kathie

IP Logged

mikev
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
st louis, mo
Re: aspirin therapy
Reply #1 - 09/22/11 at 02:29:12

kathie:
it's worth a try but most of us with masto have an aspirin & nasids intolerance. The only non-script med that helps me is liquid tylenol. The regular tylenol doesn't seem to do anything, but my pain is skin sensitivity nerve pain. So like I said worth trying.
mikev

IP Logged

daowebe
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 09/22/11 at 12:26:50

My doctor has talked about that too but my stomach hurts so bad when I take any over the counter pain meds I am not willing to try it.  I haven't tried liquid Tylenol, that sounds like a good idea.

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #3 - 09/23/11 at 07:23:27

Hi Kathie,
Im not on it, I react to aspirin. I have heard of Dr Castells using that therapy for patients who have high levels of prostaglandins... but I know she is very careful about how she does it. I think you might want to give her an email--or better yet, have your usual DR email her to ask about how she does it... I just want you to be safe Smiley
Hugs
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 09/24/11 at 03:21:48

Been there, done that.  Didn't work for me.  May have aggrevated it all.

I think the reaction to this depends on the person and monitoring is needed if you try it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print