Work from home (Read 6435 times)
nelson1600
Tutor

Jack of All Trades & a
Master of None :)
Melissa, TX
Work from home
09/13/11 at 03:03:29

Ok, I thought within the last week that there was a thread somewhere for work at home jobs; but I cannot seem to find it today.

I wanted to post about a job I found; I said 20 hours earlier but it's really about 25 a week.  But it is a work at home "customer service" position and it does not get any easier.  The company is called VIPDESK; and they have been around since 1998.  The pay is not the greatest in all honesty; but for me it affords me the cost of medical benefits offered through the company and then a little.  Since I already work from home with a few web based businesses it was a win / win; and if you are in a position to work from home, I would recommend checking them out.  They offer both full and part time hours; and basically you are doing customer service work for company's that they are contracted with from the comfort of your home.

Best Wishes,

~Lucas

Doctor's are glorified auto mechanics of the human body; make sure you find one that you trust...

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Re: Work from home
Reply #1 - 09/14/11 at 06:57:56

This Topic was moved here from Go for the Goal! The Motivation Thread! by DeborahW, Founder.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 09/15/11 at 17:20:56

Lucas, thanks for listing this company. I've looked into this type of work before and there are so many non legitimate companies out there! Can you tell us a little about how you work for them. The stuff the website really won't go into. As far as hours go, can you only work the hours you've pre picked. Or if you find yourself with some extra time and wish to answer calls for a few hours can you jump on and do it. Can you explain how the pay/training has worked. Thanks again for listing this, my DH and I have been self employed for 17 years, it's been slowing to a scary pace the last few years and something like this might be a great supplement for someone quite home-bound! Oh, here's a question, I had a friend do something like this and it was so insane he couldn't even hit a button fast enough to use the bathroom, it was insanity and pure stress and he is someone I found to be pretty darn cool and collected under fire! I'm guessing the company he worked for didn't work the same way.

IP Logged

nelson1600
Tutor

Jack of All Trades & a
Master of None :)
Melissa, TX
Reply #3 - 09/29/11 at 06:54:35

I am so sorry it's taken me so long to respond; I guess I didn't have it tagged to let me know when a response came in.

The company is great.  You can do part time work which is around 25-30 hours a week or full time which is between 32-35 hours a week.

You have to have a dedicated landline in the home (or get one before training starts) -- however they are working to move to VOIP by the end of the year.  Of course a computer or laptop, and DSL.  They contract out with many companies such as Financial Institutions and Retailers and you take customer service calls for them from the comfort of your own home.

The pay is not the highest; training pays at federal or state minimum wage (which ever is higher) and then their average program pays $10-$12 / hr with incentives.  You have set hours that are scheduled two weeks to a month in advance; but you also start accruing time off from day one; if you need it.  The major bonus and the reason why I decided to do it is that your medical benefits kick in the month after you start.  I started in the middle of August and my insurance was effective 9/1 (WOW!) and it's not too expensive (although it could always be cheaper) -- I enrolled just myself for the time being and it costs about $200 / month for a BlueCross BlueShield Plan; I elected to start taking on more hours as my web based stuff runs itself and have added a little extra income into the home on top of covering my insurance.

If you would like more info; please feel free to send me a PM and I will respond with my email and give you as much detail as I can; due to Social Media restrictions via company policy I am limited on what I can publish publicly.  But it is very legitimate and as of Tomorrow I will have had my 3rd paycheck direct deposited.

Again, I am SO SORRY for the delay; I honestly did not get a notification and have not been checking the site as much as normal here lately.

Doctor's are glorified auto mechanics of the human body; make sure you find one that you trust...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print