Low Histamine... (Read 3804 times)
ADork
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Castle Rock, Co
Low Histamine...
09/06/11 at 06:33:12

Low Histamine diet...

Need to start.. do a 4 week clense then start adding foods back in to find what's making me feel like crud.

My question is, as a nosher/nibbler - I eat all day long, little bits hear and there, what is everyone's go-to foods that are low histamine?  

I'm a little picky as it is, and I rarely cook, I was recently improving on that but cooking on weekends are relying on left-overs.. which could be why I'm experiencing more symptoms lately.. Smiley

I just don't know what to eat..

Also wondering if we all have Type B blood.  Friend send me the Blood Type diet and some information I found sounded strangely familiar.

Type Bs are more prone to immune-system disorders such as multiple sclerosis, lupus, and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Wheat is not tolerated well by most Type Bs. Corn and buckwheat are major factors in Type B weight gain, they contribute to a sluggish metabolism, insulin irregularity, fluid retention, and fatigue.

Eliminate tomatoes completely from Type B diet. It has lectins that irritate the stomach lining.

Just made me curious..

Cindy

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Low Histamine...
Reply #1 - 09/06/11 at 17:52:00

I think my blood type is B, and most of that fits, although I eat wheat, buckwheat with no problems.  Tomatoes aren't so great for me.  I can have a little cooked tomato sauce occasionally.  I was told by a masto doctor that people with SM have far lower rates of MS than the general population.  Overall, I'm a bit skeptical about  picking foods by blood type.

As for your own diet, look at the allowed foods list on the low histamine diet page (at ICUS).  Fruits and veggies are great for snacking for me.  If you portion your leftovers and put them in the freezer after a meal, you can thaw them out the next day, and they should be fine.  If you can't tolerate wheat pasta, Asian food stores have a lot of types of rice noodles.  And, there's white, brown, and wild rice, including instant brown rice that's really quick.  I eat other grains, too, like millet.  If gluten's a problem, then gluten-free oats are good.  It's harder when you don't like to cook, but there are things like white beans in cans and allowed nut butters on rice cakes that don't have to be cooked to be eaten.

If you post what you do and don't like to eat, maybe some people will have low histamine versions or substitutes for the snacks you prefer.  You'll find you feel better if you eat a really healthy diet, and it doesn't have to taste bad either.

Joan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print