Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dr Mark Stein In NPB Florida (Read 4331 times)
hernandez
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!
west palm beach florida
Dr Mark Stein In NPB Florida
08/31/11 at 09:10:00

I know this sounds wierd but I got great news today...finally a diagnosis. I live in Florida & have had the worst time finding a Dr. to seriously expore what is wrong with me. Dr. Stein was amazing! He spent time with me, answered all my questions & even drew out a picture of the mast cell and what was happening. He incresed my meds, added singular & is trying to get my ins. company to cover zolair. I am thankful to have hope that their is someone in my corner:) Be blessed!!!! Lisa

IP Logged

texan1960
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Dr Mark Stein In NPB Florida
Reply #1 - 08/31/11 at 10:15:28

I am so glad you found a good dr!!!!  Can you share what tests he did or did he do based on symptoms etc?  Also, Singulair has been my godsend painwise.  So, good luck, I have a feeling this is the road up for you.

A joyful heart is good medicine.

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #2 - 09/01/11 at 13:40:55

Hey, Lisa, this is really GREAT news!!!  Yipeeee!!   I'm really very pleased for you for this is half of your fight, that of finding someone who knows the disease well enough to treat you!!  I'm really pleased for you!!!

I hope he can deal with you for the majority of your needs!!!

Hugs!

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Reply #3 - 09/02/11 at 11:34:20

Lisa H this is GREAT news!!! I'm so happy that you finally found some help. Praying that he will be able to continue helping you.

Kim
Ps thx for your msg Smiley

IP Logged

hernandez
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!
west palm beach florida
Reply #4 - 09/07/11 at 07:51:58

Hey ya'll,

Yes it was good to actually have a Dr. to treat you instead of looking at us like were crazy ( ya;ll know what I'm talking about). He took account all my labs, history, and did a skin test on me. I didnt know it but masto pt's have raised red lines when scratched. We are waiting to see if Insurance will cover the new meds he wants me on so for now it's 1 day at a time with HOPE Smiley Be blessed to all of you!!!!

IP Logged

lynda51
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
WI
Reply #5 - 09/10/11 at 18:58:40

I am soooooo excited for you!  Good for you for being so persistent!

Keep us posted on how you are doing!  Hugs to you, Lynda

p.s. Dr. Afrin did the scratch test on me as well..... all I heard from behind me was "Wow...I didn't expect all that!"...not sure if "that" was a good thing or not....

I bet it feels good to finally have a diagnosis even though it is not our "hearts desire" to have a mast cell disorder.  But now you are on the right track and it sure helps when the Dr. "gets it"....  Smiley                Take care........

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print