Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ideas for stay at home incomes (Read 4705 times)
DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Ideas for stay at home incomes
07/29/11 at 15:58:20

Many of you may have difficulties working and also staying well. I am certainly like that, and thus created my own business to compensate. So, this is a thread to give others ideas of things to do from home to earn an income.

I started a tutoring service. I have tutors whom I train and supervise. They do the tutoring; I do the admin work as well as create any new tutoring programs I wish to offer.

Latest idea: I just created and implemented our online tutoring program. I taught it myself this summer for one month, and now have yet another thing that someone can do from the comfort of their own home. Tutoring online.... Smiley

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Ideas for stay at home incomes
Reply #1 - 07/30/11 at 13:00:05

GOOD FOR YOU!!  Cheesy  I hope it's a total success!!!

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #2 - 08/17/11 at 06:11:48

Here are some ideas I have had been thinking about lately. Some of them do require a little bit of getting out of the house maybe a few hours once or a couple times a week.

I have been seriously thinking about is starting my own allergen friendy food line, having allergen friendly salad dressings and baking mixes. But I don't even now where to begin, I know I have to start small and go from there. Researching that currently. I know there is a market for it.

I was also thinking about what if I make gluten free allergen friendly bakery goods and sell them to espresso stands for them to sell. I never see gluten free goodies there at the drive window. My friends tell me they can't even tell my muffins are gluten free. This idea has me excited.

You can make bakery goods and sell them to local doctor offices,and other local businesses. I remember this town I lived in where this lady would come in once or twice a week with a big basket of goodies(brownies, cupcakes,cookies,muffins) and let me tell you everyone would buy something, they always came in around 10am, most people didn't eat breakfast and they were getting pretty hungry.

Also another job people can do is medical coding, you have to have some training in it. There are online course you can take to get certified. It pays between 15 to 22 an hour.

Another idea is a vending company.You take baskets of food goods and leave them at local busniess. I saw this before too. You can go to costco or big warehouse and buy things like candy bars, cup of soup, top ramen, granola bars, pop tarts(all the things us masto people can't have)and put them in a basket with a price list and container for people to put their money in and a I owe you list so if people want something a certain day but they don't have the money, they can still grab a candy bar and pay later as long as they pay before the set time you come back to collect the money and restock the basket. If you notice people aren't paying back then you discontinue going to that place, but most people are honorable. Think of the mark up......you pay .10 to .25 cent for a candy bar and your ask .75cents to a $1.00! Nice! You can chose how big or small you want it to be, you can decide to just do 5 busnisses or you can do more. Depending on how big you want it to be, it shouldn't take more than a a few hours a week.

I know this really aren't stay at home jobs, they do require some getting about and about but it is not too much.

Melissa

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #3 - 08/17/11 at 07:34:46

Great idea!  But, be sure to check with your local health department to find out what kitchen licensing requirements there are for foods to be sold.  In many towns, at least in summer, there are licensed communal commercial kitchens who have all the needed equipment.  The user just pays a flat fee or hourly rate for using it.

Joan

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #4 - 09/14/11 at 06:58:22

This Topic was moved here from Go for the Goal! The Motivation Thread! by DeborahW, Founder.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print